This Car Is Fighting Me To The End!

Guest mastarforth

Guest mastarforth

This car is fighting me to the end.

After emptying the contents of the fuel tank over the local petrol station lastnight (very amusing in a bad sort of way) took car for retest

She failed, on three items

1. mirrors, I need to strengthen the body work up under the mirror fixings otherwise meet the field of view)

2. PArking brake, inspecotr managed to snap it during test.

3. Heat affecting the servo/ master cylinder - need to fabricate a heat shield to protect the area, has anyone made one that ican have a picture of so I can copy

Other than that she is fine, i am having a bit of bother with the clutch not engaging form the yellow adjuster. but mostly fine!

Andrew

re the mirrors

you may be able to add the required strength by bonding a large plate washer under the panal , it may want a bash with the large hammer in the box to achieve the correct curve .

regards graham

Hi, I had to strengthen the bonnet to stop the mirrors vibrating.

Using a piece of flat bar for each side, I bent it to the curve of the bonnet, then fixed it in place using 1 mirror bolt, 1 bolt through the rear bonnet catch (i.e. at the bottom return edge of the bonnet) and liberal use of Araldite.

One year on and it's still in place.

If you're at Newark, look me up. (Blue 2b, F reg, tall screen)

Nick

Guest rhetorical-oracle

Hi Andrew,

I'll second Dave's suggestion of a plumbers mat. One of my fail points on my Superspec was that the tester reckoned that the battery wasn't protected enough from the heat of the engine, so I put a plumbers mat around the battery, and he was fine with that.

Phill.

Guest mastarforth

Thanks for the suggestions

I have a load of exhaust wrapping left over form when I did hte exhazust, do you think I could wrap the master cylinder, and ervo um in that in some way to suffice?

I will look around the factory today, WE have some welding mats around I am sure that I could concoct something out of that.

Thanks

Andrew