Help!

Guest erichetherington

Guest erichetherington

Got home tonight to find my daughter miffed that she couldn't get onto the internet, error code (or whatever they are called kept coming up) 691. I've managed to get back on using the works seperate phone line and ISP but in the process I've managed to delete the original connection completely from the computer :wub: it was Wanadoo but now Orange.

Can anyone help me to find it/reconnect before I look more of a pratt than usual.

Thanks

Eric

Have you tried right clicking on the computers in the bottom right hand corner and selecting

"open network connections"?

Otherwise wannadoo should have a hotline for restoring connections. Just make sure its local rate

hth

Guest jasonmorris

Is it all the ISP settings you have lost or just the wireless network if you lose wireless?

Also error 691 in some cases refers to VPN connections, where you connect to other servers remotely such as an off site office server.

Give us some info on what operating system you use and how your home network is set up also which operating system you are using (ie XP, Vista etc...).

Jason

Guest jhfozzy

Error 691 mentioned Here usually comes with this message

"Error 691: The computer you are dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up Networking connection. Check your password, and then try again."

There's a checklist at the bottom of the above mentioned page, run through that and then reset the connection as mentioned by mat-d-rat above, make sure that you use the correct username and password in the connection.

John.

Guest erichetherington

Thanks for your help guys, it was the modem I'd manage to delete in my blind bludderings to fix the original problem!

2 hours of going through draws located the original disc to set the modem back up and running and then a phone call to Orange got my user name to enable me to log back on.

Have now made a note of user name so I could do it myself should the need arise.

Thanks again for your help

Eric

Guest jasonmorris

Hi Eric,

I learnt with Internet Service Providers to keep copies of all info and now always know where my user name and password are as usually it takes ages to get through to them and then they want to run through loads of other stuff. Glad to hear you've sorted it though!

Jason