Coolant/heater Hose I.d

Andi

Sounds a daft question but I dont have one. It has been plugged off at the carb side

of my 2L pinto.

I dont have a heater but would like to try running water through this part of the engine.

I have read conflicting reports about weather or not to do this, but my engine is always

at least 86 deg so it wont harm it trying.

So i imagine the id is something like 19mm.

Also are there any other lighter hoses besides expensive silicone? The one piece of hose I have

is more like a rubber cosh.

Guest timswait

Just go to your local motor factors and ask for heater hose, they'll have rubber hose which is a whole lot cheaper than from silicone! From memory I think it's something like 16mm bore.

Hi,

Just to clarify things, I will need 4 90deg elbows and these are the only ones Car builder solutions do

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/elbows-345-c.asp

12, 15, 19mm are the closest ones

My question is do i stretch and clamp the hose to 19mm elbow or just clamp it to the slimmer 15mm?

Sorry but i am new to all this and was going to order the elbows online as the local car shops dont have any

and cant be doing with sending stuff back by post

Cheers

Andi

Guest timswait

The heater hose is fairly flexible, it will bend quite well without kinking, so depending on how sharp the corners are that you need to get it round you'll probably just be OK getting the rubber hose from the motor factors and just bending it round. If the corners are so sharp that you really have to use those hose joiner elbows, then I'd be 99% sure it's the 15mm ones you want.