Doner Log Book

Guest ant.b

hi all

on my doners log book the taxation class says {disabled} only noticed it when i tried to send for new logbook for change of engine number .dvla sent it back saying i need to tax the car before they will change it,as i no longer have it only vin plate etc.what can i do ? i havent declared scorn yet have i cocked up yet again...any advice welcome

cheers ant :unsure:

Ant

I think you need to contact Ford, give them the engine number and ask for the year of manufacture :( on a headed letter...

Unless you don't care if you get a Q plate <_<

Dave

you will need to get it SORN'd asap or you will end up with a fine.

I changed my engine number at the same time as declaring SORN, if you change owners and declair at the same time, tax class should not make the slightest differance.

HTH

Mitch

antb

taxation class relates to the driver/ registered owner or keeper

if you are the new owner/ keeper then this should change if you arent 'disabled'

what would this have to do with Q? if you were/ are disabled this should not be a barrier to a 'propper' registration

is the car adapted in any way?

as a guess you could get it registered in your name (pos changing disabled taxation as appropriate), declare sorn and change engine number all in one shot???

hi all

will try that and see what happens , i am not disabled [no offence} got a funny feelin i have a lot of red tape to get through and may still get a Q plate nothin ever runs smooth in my build .....cheers :boohoo:

Ant

I know from experiance, that to change a taxation class, you need to go to you're local DVLA taxation office and fill out a form for change of classification. Not Swansea.

If you do this, change owner, declair SORN, change engine number at the same time it should be sorted quickly,

Becareful when you say you bought the car, as they will want to know why you hav'nt taxed it from that date, (may result in a fine)

HTH

Mitch

hi tony

the car had no log book when i got it ,i filled out an application for a new log book with my address etc.this was sent to me ,i then bought an engine , in better condition than the doners one so wanted to get the new engine number on log book ,dont know if the last owner declared scorn or not, i will do that and try to add new engine number at same time? :unsure: