Gbs Bike Carbs Please Help

Guest ticeysoft

bike carbs are so simple is makes weber dcoes look disgusting! My carbs passed the emissiosn test, and idles at 500rpm :)

1.8mm is too big.. thats where your fuel is going..

mine idles great as well at 500rpm, but not sure on emissosn have not sva'ed it yet.

stuart

2 Ltr Pinto, SDRAD 750 Carbs (Mikuni 39mm)

My jetting is the same as Steve’s (1.7 with needles at their lowest position). I tried 1.6 but it was too weak at WOT. It used to use a lot of fuel before I put an airbox on, which I put down to the slider opening too much too quickly. The general conscientious from the biker boys seems to be that they need a little negative pressure to run correctly and that seems to be the case with mine.

I have had a fair few problems getting them ‘right’, they were still giving loads of grief at Barkston, popping and backfiring wildly, I found that one of the mounts had worked loose introducing extra air to number 4 :blink: and one of the HT lead boots was far too close to them and arcing across :o (right angle dizzy cap fixed that)

Now everything is sorted they are much smoother than my DGAS, give better top-end and return at least the same MPG. Loads of people have teething problems I don’t think it’s quite the plug and play described by some, but persevere IMHO the results are worth it.

Good luck!

Sean

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest JACHRAM
;) Had the same problem with flooding , ebay item 230291404429 is a fuel regulator for £23.50 with carriage, i'm going to fit one of these with the pinto pump.

Hello.

Trying to reduce fule pressure for my newly installed bike carbs.

Running on a standard 2ltr pinto and the original feul pump. Have just received a feul reg off ebay, but it odesnt really go down to 1 or 2psi, or it doesnt seem to anyway. However it didi also have a feul return.

This one you recommend on ebay (the number doent work anymore) what type is it and do you know if it has a fuel return.

Many thanks

Chris

Guest graham dockerill
;) Chris, it has'nt got a fuel return and as it was 7 months ago i'm not surprised you can't find it. I still hav'nt fitted it but if you goggle pro flow sytec you will find them Graham