The Hood Strikes Back

Guest Captain Daz

Guest salty_monk

Can't you submit a receipt for a chassis in retrospect or submit a receipt for the kit with a break down clearly showing the chassis & it's price??? I think Paul's number is on Big Jim's site or one of the other local sites. It's also been posted on here too I think.

Dan :)

Guest robinj66

I'm assuming you went ot Maidstone DVLA. If so, the person you need to speak to is Julie Whittaker.

I can't believe the difference in service - I went in there on Friday. Gave them all the paperwork and arranged a Build Up Inspection for next Tuesday (the same day as my SVA). Ms Whittaker does know what she is talking about - obviously not the case with those dealing with your application. My receipt didn't have a chassis number from the company either [as far as I am aware, no Chassis numbers were ever supplied (?) ]

Have you got a Robin Hood brochure? - I seem to remember that it lists (and has photos) all the items included in a 2B kit.

PS BTW, Swansea have informed me that I DO require an MOT for first registration (I'm aiming for an age-related plate, not a new one)

Guest Captain Daz

That's interesting Robin.

It wasn't Julie Whittaker. I think she was away and the two who dealt with me had no idea.

I have sent off a brochure and kit contents etc so I'm just waiting to hear back now.

Fingers crossed.

All the best for Tuesday.

Cheers

Daren

When they finally do register it .. make sure the date of manufacture is now .. niot the donor build date ... otherwise it needs an MOT as well !

But it will need a cat and have to meet todays emissions standards. I'd much rather have to have it MOT'd than that little lot.

Iain

Guest Captain Daz

Some good news at last.

After receiving allof my contents list/brochures etc they finally called back to say it will get an age plate. Phew.

I can get a date for a visit 6-8 weeks or get the car to them.

I have the offer of a trailer but I'm stuck when it comes to hiring a car with a tow bar.

Any ideas?

Almost there.

Cheers

Daz

Some good news at last.

After receiving allof my contents list/brochures etc they finally called back to say it will get an age plate. Phew.

I can get a date for a visit 6-8 weeks or get the car to them.

I have the offer of a trailer but I'm stuck when it comes to hiring a car with a tow bar.

Any ideas?

Almost there.

Cheers

Daz

Do you have to book a date to take it to Maidstone or can it be when ever your ready.I have the trailer as offered,and have a van to tow it but fitting it in, in between work is difficult ish.If you have to book it I wouldn't like to say do it then i can't do it for work,but if its any time i may be able too help.

Andy

Guest Captain Daz

Andy

Cheers for the offer mate but you do have to book. And it gets worse. They only do on site inspections Tuesdays in the day! Kind of narrows it all down doesn't it.

If I can borrow a mates car with towbar I might take you up on the offer of the trailer. I'll let you know.

I've found a car transportation company but I think they'll be pricey.

Ta for the help.

Daren

Andy

Cheers for the offer mate but you do have to book. And it gets worse. They only do on site inspections Tuesdays in the day! Kind of narrows it all down doesn't it.

If I can borrow a mates car with towbar I might take you up on the offer of the trailer. I'll let you know.

I've found a car transportation company but I think they'll be pricey.

Ta for the help.

Daren

Hi Daren

I have still got problem trying to get on the road, SVA passed 1 sept, had my inspection on the 23rd September and I am still waiting for Wimbledon DVLA to PHONE me to come and collect my reg plate and tax, phoned 3 times last week still will not invited me to pick up, After this weekends weather, i am well down, I think its time I escalated to a manager, looking at other DVLA centres, tax and reg seems to happen so quickly after the inspection occurs after reading other threads on rhocarweb site but not Wimbledon.

hope you get your's sorted soon

Stephen