3a Builder

Guest Steve Allen

Guest Steve Allen

:rolleyes: I am attempting to wire a 3A purchased in 96 ( I know im slow) using the wiring loom from Robin Hood and part of the loom from the sierra 89. (the part that comes from the ESC11.) Nothing seams tomatch orwork at present.I have a copy of the wiring harness colour codes supplied by autosparks but no information as to what and how wires enter and exit the fuse box. All these connections are loose i.e no connecters. does anyone have any further information or know a good auto electrican around the Barnsley area S Yorkshire.

Steve Allen. Ps Good with a grinder but what does a relay do.?

Steve

The best thing to do with electrics is to do one cct at a time. Eventually you will have all ccts working :)

Decide which cct to start with and finish that, then move to the next. I would connect the negative's first...Battery to chassis, engine and loom if needed.

Then the starter cct, ignition then the car should run. Then alternator, lights and gauges etc

Simple :D :lol: :huh:

Dave

Guest Steve Allen

:ph34r: Dave

You make it sound so easy. I come from a mechanical background, This is now my second week into trying to make sence of the wiring. i just wished i had pulled the loom out of the sierra complete. It ran nice before i got my hands on it. My main problem is with the ESC11 module, I can get the engine to fire now but not run. Would i be wise in your opinion to bin the Carb and distributor and go back to convential means. Ps whats ccs mean

Steve

Steve

cct is short for circuit.

Follow Jim's link for the electronic ignition wiring. IMHO this is the most complex part. But its still simple compared to modern computers with wheels and engine. :p

Electrics isn't really too difficult on these engines. Don't give up...just take your time and ask here for free help :D

Dave

Steve

I have a 3a and am based in Barnsley, drop me an Email if viewing would aid with your build. The best auto-electricians that I have come across are based in Worsborough, due to a bottle of Wine their name escapes me a the mo, when I remember I will post contact details

Cheers

Shandylegs :D :D