I Thought We Were All Supposed To Be Selfish?

Guest Takumi

Just nipped up the road to Fresco to grab some diesel to dilute the additive I've put in the tank, I need some fuely anyway..

As I was grumbling at the Pay-At-Pump Only pump which said on the tiny screen... Pay-At-Pump not working..

..A chap approached and slipped me a 5p off voucher that was expiring tomorrow ^_^

Finally onto the third pump, Pay-At-Kiosk..

Really made my day (or more accurately my evening :) ) and I thought we were all supposed to be selfish . . ?

Knowing my luck, diesel will drop to 96p overnight..lol

Guest salty_monk

I do that sort of stuff too.... Had the some discussion with some American's the other week. Where as we see that as polite, helpful etc they see it as stealing... funny the difference between cultures.

Dan :)

Guest pwlcarz
I usually give my old 'pay and dislay' parking ticket to someone else if it's still got lots of time on it, or stick it back onto the machine.

I had a 'conversation' with some jumped up parking Adolph. Said I could not pass on the unused portion of a pre-paid ticket as it is "non-transferable". So, if I pay for an hour but only use 15 mins the council/NCP whatever get 45 mins of time paid for twice over. He said if he spots anyone transferring a ticket they will be fined. He also said if he got the reg no. of both vehicles he would issue fines to both!

So that nice civilised gesture could cost you a lot of money. Be warned.

Guest salty_monk

Nice! :(

Be sure to take a picture of the ticket on your screen (mobile phone camera) in case someone "transfers" it for you before you've finished with it! (in the Hood). :)

Guest peter2b2002

in one local car park you have to put your reg number into the machine before it will let you have a ticket,

what's wrong in letting some one else use your unexpired ticket time? nearly as bad as those cash machines by the side of the road that take your picture

peter2b <_<

Guest Captain Daz

The thing that annoys me is when the ticket costs 80p and you only have a £1 coin.

The machines don't give change to stop theft but they could calculate an extra 20p worth of time and add it to your ticket.

But do they? Do they hell!

I say keep up the good samaritan work. Just check over your shoulder first for Jobsworths.

Paid for my petrol the other day and the person in front had forgotten their Nectar card. They gave me their points.

There are good people out there (especially Hoodies).

Anyone seen the film 'Pay it forward'? Get it out and have a watch. Bit of a chick flick but if only people would.......

Guest salty_monk

I've seen it... probably on a plane like most of the other movies I see. You guys up front prob watched it too or maybe reading the sports pages at that point? (I have a few pilot friends who swear the plane flies itself ;) :lol: )

Dan :)

in one local car park you have to put your reg number into the machine before it will let you have a ticket,

The Short stay car park at Birmingham Airport is one of those where you drive up, press a button for a ticket, the barrier lifts, and away you go. Nothing unusual there, except I noticed last time that my reg was printed on the ticket! Guess there must be a camera scans you as you drive up. :huh: