Engine Number

Guest Sean Timney

Guest Sean Timney

Hi guys........busy refurbing my donor bits....collect my 2b at the end of May :D .....I've noticed when respraying the block that the engine number does not match the V5 (bugger - I did'nt check when I bought it - oops).......also, i'm unsure as to the pedigree (what size it is)....the donor was supposed to be a 2.0ltr GL......things that may help are 1) The code on the cylinder head is NP and the block has 205 on....i've also noticed that I have 2 ECS connectors...one of which is taped up.....any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sean <_<

I had the same problem with the engine number not matching the V5. I just filled in the new engine details, along with the change of owner info when I sent off the V5 and it came back corectly updated - No questions asked.

I have the 205 block, and it's a 2 litre so I would think yours will be too.

Guest Sean Timney

Joel....many thanks for the info. Going to send off V5 this week. By the way, the engine number is on the lower left of the block on the exhaust manifold side? :unsure:

Sean

Guest Angel Boy

Sean,

I had the same problem. I got a letter form Uncle Henry stating the year of the engine (different to the date shown on the V5). They need this to test the emissions. My understanding is that the V5 is not enough to state the age of the engine, they need a letter/email.

Come registering of the 2B it got an age related plate of the donor. If you have the time then by all means get the V5 of the donor correct it will help a little, but you still need the manufactures date to confirm the age of the donor.

If I am wrong please someone correct me.

Cheers,

Andy

There are two separate issues here. 1. Updaing the donor V5 with the new engine number so that the finished kit car remains a single donor car and thus entitled to an age related plate. I feel this is a priority. 2. Proving engine manufacture date so that the correct emmissions test figures are used. I'm surprised that MOT/SVA does not accept the V5 as date of engine manufacture (although of course it isn't) but perhaps they are tightening the rules on this one. I have not been asked to prove engine manufacture date on my Hood or any other car and my VW camper has an engine 20 years younger than the body. Perhaps some centres are tough on this point.

Nigel

Guest too much power??

know what you mean simon, had the same prob when i bought my cosworth donor car nothing more sickening than finding your engine number doesnt match with the V5 especially when you just paid two grand for it!!!

turned out ok in the end fords have the last 8 didigits of their chassis number as their engine number on the V5, checked with people at ford and this is the norm basta*d's!! making kit car builders stressed over something so minor.

Guest Mr Pid

What! you only paid two grand for a cossie and cut it up?ur mad!

I spent six grand but sold it a week boefore it blew up! :rolleyes:

Have you put the servo in yet? did you have grief over the clearance of the turbo?

:ph34r: