Sva Done

Guest bettinson2005

Guest bettinson2005

hi i bought a 2b in august this year. it had its sva and got it reg number in september 2007. Q reg. i was wondering when i will have to mot the car? :unknw: the car is taxed till may 2009. so will i have to mot it so i can tax it ????? cheers for any halp carl

Guest chris brown
hi i bought a 2b in august this year. it had its sva and got it reg number in september 2007. Q reg. i was wondering when i will have to mot the car? :unknw: the car is taxed till may 2009. so will i have to mot it so i can tax it ????? cheers for any halp carl

This has been discussed several times before on here but there is never a definite answer even with an age related plate. So I guess a Q plate will be even more hit and miss. The only way to find out is to wait until the reminder drops through your letter box as that will tell you what is required.

Guest bettinson2005
This has been discussed several times before on here but there is never a definite answer even with an age related plate. So I guess a Q plate will be even more hit and miss. The only way to find out is to wait until the reminder drops through your letter box as that will tell you what is required.

hi thanks it looks like i will have to wait and see. cheers carl :good:

Guest salty_monk

In theory unless it has a brand new registration it should need an MOT every year but some were lucky & got away with it the first 3 years without one.... my first was like that.

It would be safer to MOT it unless you're not going to drive it until the Tax renewal comes round unless you can find out somewhere online or with DVLA.

Good luck!

:)

Mine certainly didn't need an MOT until its third year after registration (SVA'd in 2004, first MOT in 2007). I'd only had the car a year then but personally I find it comforting to get someone to have a good check over of these important safety issues every year.

I actually ask my MOT tester to give it a really good going over, just for peace of mind, and advise me of any recommended areas for attention. Now that I regularly carry a precious cargo (my 3 year old son who can't get enough of it), I'm not taking any risks.

Guest bettinson2005
Mine certainly didn't need an MOT until its third year after registration (SVA'd in 2004, first MOT in 2007). I'd only had the car a year then but personally I find it comforting to get someone to have a good check over of these important safety issues every year.

I actually ask my MOT tester to give it a really good going over, just for peace of mind, and advise me of any recommended areas for attention. Now that I regularly carry a precious cargo (my 3 year old son who can't get enough of it), I'm not taking any risks.

hi yes totally agree got it booked for mot in morning. lets hope it passes ok . thanks to all who replyed cheers and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :drinks: