Who Will Be Next?

Guest Jabberwocky

i"d agree about the B&Q / Currys/Dixons/ pc world they are all the one group, so wich one next ?

word on the street VIRGIN the record chain are in big diff"s, lucky branson sold it a year ago ?

Can't believe JJB will go bust, I mean they provide the clothing for the vast majority - has ceased to become anything to do with 'sportswear' :D

The question has got to be whether or not the Kit Car Industry is going to come out the other side of this (if indeed there is going to be 'another side')? How many of those small marques are going to disappear? What will be left? :mellow:

Lets face it. For far too long, people have spent too much on items they don't really need. Can anyone honestly say, even this festive period where people are gonna face hard times, did anyone receive a pressy they either don't want, or don't really need?

Its about time the issue was re-balanced. Problem with this recession is the spread of mass media, in all different forms. The press love a bad news day, and they spread fear into industries worldwide. Had none of this blown up, in a couple of years or so, we in the UK would all be having a jolly old time under Chinese ownership.

People have been driving up the need and want for cheap and nasty products made in China, so now the manufacturing tools have been shipped to China, we have no alternative but to buy cheap items from reputable UK companies where the products are manufactured under licence in China. Well we do have an alternative, stop buying unecessary products (ipods, phones, tv's etc etc etc) and lets get back to basics (jungle drums etc etc).

Guest Jabberwocky
The question has got to be whether or not the Kit Car Industry is going to come out the other side of this (if indeed there is going to be 'another side')? How many of those small marques are going to disappear? What will be left? :mellow:

I am sure it will, but I think it will become more of a second income for someone than a primary one

Guest Nigel Novice

The way things are going the small marques will be the only car industry :o I did work in the industry till it was shut and moved to cheaper climate in eastern Europe :o

Its not just cheap tat thats made in china nearly every major company has some part or all of its product made over there <_<

I recently worked on installing a new Italian made steel casting plant made with steel rolled in England, fabricated in China and sub-assembled in Poland and shipped back to England - logic ??? - I'll get my rice bowl :rolleyes:

Guest salty_monk

I've been working in China for 10 years ish... like everywhere else it depends who you are working with & what you are willing to pay as to what you get out of there.

Mostly "Cheap junk" is supplied on request - there must be a demand for it otherwise it wouldn't be requested! A lot of companies out there are very professional, the prices are cheap because of the huge population leading to cheap labour & the fact that the company owners are not greedy.....

Chins up - there will still be work out there for those that want to work. (Whether it be something you don't strictly "want" to do, with a paycut, no overtime etc) Companies just have to do what they can to survive.

Dan :)

Guest craig cowley

apparently its me next put on gardenning leave yesterday waiting for redundancy (worked in woolies distribution center) any body want an electronics/automation engineer :(