Croft Facing Closure

Guest timswait

Signed.

It makes me laugh you know. People living near a racing circuit and complaining about the noise!!

We have a similar problem here in Ramsgate with Kent International Airport (formerly RAF Manston). All the time the RAF were flying night circuits, (nice and quiet Vulcans, Phantoms, Lightnings etc ;) ), there were no complaints. But since the airport has been sold to a private company, there are a whole plethora of complaints about noise, emissions etc, (some of them are well founded - don't get me wrong), but the majority of the complaints seem to be from people who have moved into the area for a quiet retirement by the seaside and bought a house under or near the flightpath! :unknw:

The bloody seagulls during the breeding season make more noise, for longer, but there are no complaints about them, damn sh***hawks, can't get my beauty sleep during the summer!!! :aggressive:

Al

Guest Jomeo69

Yea this whole thing sucks. when i was at a caterham driving experience at brands we were being driven round as passengers by the caterham world champion (Absolutly Mental). After the start and finish straight and down the hill, back up again and sliding round the 180 degree hairpin with the tail out and smoking the tyres at the top, anyway got back to the pits (after he had abused the cars so much one was leaking oil and the other had zero oil pressure and sounded as rough as a bag of old spanners) he was taken to one side by the guy who was running the experience day and told the there was supposed to be no tyre squeal and the he could be heard the other side of the track, got a right ticking off.

something about unless its during actual scheduled races, practices and track days there are real tight restrictions on when you can make noise and cant.

Seems dim really when people buy houses near these places what do they expect.

Signed.

It makes me laugh you know. People living near a racing circuit and complaining about the noise!!

We have a similar problem here in Ramsgate with Kent International Airport (formerly RAF Manston). All the time the RAF were flying night circuits, (nice and quiet Vulcans, Phantoms, Lightnings etc ;) ), there were no complaints. But since the airport has been sold to a private company, there are a whole plethora of complaints about noise, emissions etc, (some of them are well founded - don't get me wrong), but the majority of the complaints seem to be from people who have moved into the area for a quiet retirement by the seaside and bought a house under or near the flightpath! :unknw:

The bloody seagulls during the breeding season make more noise, for longer, but there are no complaints about them, damn sh***hawks, can't get my beauty sleep during the summer!!! :aggressive:

Al

Speak for yourself.

I remember as a kid those bloody gliders coming over the Manston Caravan Park at about 50ft. You could hear every word the instructer was saying to the young ATC lads. :)