Anyone Near By Ross-on-wye (herefordshire)?

Guest webwolfkain

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pwlcarz

Hi Dan / Ryan

Good to meet up with you last Sunday and sorry I couldn't come with you on the run (hope you had a good one down through the forest), but was worried the exhaust hanger would keep popping out of the rubber mount.

As it happens, it was Ok on the way home, so perhaps it was a particularly bumpy bit of road that cause the problem.

Anyway, I took the advice and have now drilled and taped the 10mm bar and fitted a cap screw and washer so it can't pull out of the rubber mount, so I'm pretty sure it won't happen again!

So, if you plan on another run (maybe once you've got the 2 litre in) give me a shout.

Best regards

Guest webwolfkain
Hi Dan / Ryan

Good to meet up with you last Sunday and sorry I couldn't come with you on the run (hope you had a good one down through the forest), but was worried the exhaust hanger would keep popping out of the rubber mount.

As it happens, it was Ok on the way home, so perhaps it was a particularly bumpy bit of road that cause the problem.

Anyway, I took the advice and have now drilled and taped the 10mm bar and fitted a cap screw and washer so it can't pull out of the rubber mount, so I'm pretty sure it won't happen again!

So, if you plan on another run (maybe once you've got the 2 litre in) give me a shout.

Best regards

hello!!

glad you got back ok, sorry i havent been on here for a while. i have the 2ltr!!!

well.... the old engine is out...

hopefully get the new one in this weekend but mite be a few more weeks before its running. need to put the head on the engine (never done that before) and find a set of 40's

Guest Andrew M

Guy's

I am very sorry that I did not pick up on this sooner, I would have come along and know the roads and pubs out that way as used to drink in the Farmers Boy when I lived out there, I am planing to get my hood back on the road on the first or second weekend in April and until then it is tin top only.

If you are planing on making this a regular thing then please let me know as it would be good to meet up with local people who are as mad as me in buying or building a kit car.

Cheers

Andy

p.s. if I do not reply PLEASE PM me as some times do not get a chance to log onto this due to work etc...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest webwolfkain
Guy's

I am very sorry that I did not pick up on this sooner, I would have come along and know the roads and pubs out that way as used to drink in the Farmers Boy when I lived out there, I am planing to get my hood back on the road on the first or second weekend in April and until then it is tin top only.

If you are planing on making this a regular thing then please let me know as it would be good to meet up with local people who are as mad as me in buying or building a kit car.

Cheers

Andy

p.s. if I do not reply PLEASE PM me as some times do not get a chance to log onto this due to work etc...

Hi andy

yeah i am up for that, just give me afew weeks to get my new engine running

dan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest webwolfkain

So is everyone or anyone up for a meet soon???

hopefully if all goes well i will have my new engine in and running by the end of this weekend

dan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andrew M

Yes I am up for a meet, can now bring the kit car along should be free any time over the summer as have not got a lot of plans and could do with some advice about my suspencion best times at the moment are end of April or any time in May.