2b - Seating

Guest N1CK2B

Guys,

This is my first post - please be gentle !!

I have bought a 2B and want to change the seats for something with a head restraint. Should I go for race/rally style seats (ie buckets etc) or a traditional seat from a car...if the latter what cars etc ??

I appreciate there may be many but all advice much appreciated - thanks in advance :good:

Nick

most seats will fit it was designed to take the sierra seat i beleve no doubt some one will corret me if im wrong. cant remember what mine are out of but mest have been a saloon as they have pockets on the rear.

:hi: Hi & Welcome,

Depending on how tall you are makes a difference.

If you're pushing 6 foot, then you'll need to consider how high the frame & runners are.

A lot of people (like me) need to get the seats as low to the floor as possible.

Otherwise you'll find yourself looking over the screen rather than through it! :D

To this end, we do away with runners alltogether.

HTH

Guest duncjuno

This can be a bit of a personal thing really - I have been thinking about changing my seats as well. You could rushin and make the car look a right chav mobile. Why don't you try and get out and meet other members so you can see how the various type look in situ. I always think the Cobra ones look good and there are plenty of styles to choose from.

I think I am going to wait a bit longer and see what is available at the various kit car shows. As you are new to the 2B I'd always vote for getting out and enjoy your driving. Welcome to RHOCAR

Cheers Duncan

Thanx for the welcome chaps...great knowing the support is here for us newbie's :good:

Think I will try to get to a north west meet - I am in warrington, cheshire so shouldn't be too far from one I guess...

On the seats, at 5'8" I too don't want to be too high but need to reach the pedals :lol:

Nick,

I'm not sure if you are in Northwest or Cheshire/NWales sections area. There is a north west meeting in preston on the first thursday of the month, and as the weather warms a few 2Bs will usually be there to have a look at. If you end up going down the aftermarket seat route, there are usually good deals to be had at the shows e.g. stonleigh in may. HTH, Brian