Tuning An 1800cc Pinto On A 2b

Guest N1CK2B

I have had my (new to me) 2B 1800cc Pinto out today and if you pop it hard there is a lag and almost like a splutter...

Could it be;

A - Leak on exhaust ??

B - In need of fresh fuel and a dose of Redex or similar

C - In need of Dizzy adjustment

D - Tuning

E - All of / some of / none of.....the above

Any help appreciated guys....I am in cheshire so if it's C or D can anyone recommend some place !

BTW....not stopped :D all day.....

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the fold, theres a excellent rolling road nr chester, (Hawarden) run by two brothers, very good, few of us have been there now,

tel 01244 537701. it would be £80 well spent, he does know his stuff.

also if you become a fully paid up member you will get a insurance discount, club mag 3-4 times a year, and a email of me telling you when are next runs are,and a list of local members in your area who you can call on for advice n tips,

Theres a monthly meet for the Northwest at the Poachers pub at the end of the m65 nr Preston on the first Thursday of the month, come along and meet some of the members,

hth

Mitch

A. Check.

B. Go for a good drive and get rid of the old fuel then fill up with fresh and see if it improves.

If the above fail then take it to a rolling road.

I have had my (new to me) 2B 1800cc Pinto out today and if you pop it hard there is a lag and almost like a splutter...

Could it be;

A - Leak on exhaust ??

B - In need of fresh fuel and a dose of Redex or similar

C - In need of Dizzy adjustment

D - Tuning

E - All of / some of / none of.....the above

Any help appreciated guys....I am in cheshire so if it's C or D can anyone recommend some place !

BTW....not stopped :D all day.....

Thanx guys :D

Am gonna have a run out at the weekend....drop some fresh juice in with some Redex and see how we go.....

If that's not done the job I will book it in to a rolling road and get it tuned.

Cheers for advice

Mitch,

I do plan to meet up with other owners...as a novice am looking to learn...but got to be honest I am more for driving than the build and tweaking that I am sure some thrive on !!

Nick

• 1 month later...
Guest burgo

i find hesitation and or splutting with sudden throttle movement is usually down to fuel. have you checked the jets?? if they are fine then check your ignitiom timing, i find winding abit of advance on refreshes these old engines alot