Bike Carb Choke

Mitch

HI all

as most know i fitted bike carbs to the pinto last year, but i need to fit a choke cable as starting from cold without choke is very difficult, but since the choke goes forward, and it looks like im going to have to make somthing to help the cable return,

has anyone already done it, and how?

I think im going to have o make somekind of half circle for it as a cable guide, anybody already done it?

Mitch

Guest smegheadsteve

Hi Mitch.

I just fitted a choke cable yesterday to my bike carbs.If I get a minutes peace from the kids I will take a photo.

I got a universal choke cable from ebay for about 7 quid,make sure its a long one because it has to go right round the engine and back onto the carbs.

I didn't need a support,the cable assembly itself is quite stiff and when its all in place seems to work quite well.

I will try and get a pic soon.

Steve.

Guest Paul Morgan

Mitch,

Buy a motorbike lever and fit it behind the dash. Lots on ebay or try your local bike breakers.

Paul

thanks for that guys, bids in for cable, i thought they were more like a normal cable and would need a guide to go back towards the dash, thanks for tip Paul but i dont mind the knob on dash,

Mitch