Sierra Xr4x4

Guest mkeats02

Guest mkeats02

Hi,

There is a sierra xr4x4 in my local scrap yard, i am currently build a sub k with 1600 pinto, would it be possible/hard to convert my rear drums to discs from the above car?

Mike

you have 2 ways of going about this.

First of all, why do you want to go with rear discs? if you build with the normal Sierra master cylinder & servo, there is more than enough rear brake power there.

But if you're doing something else, and do need discs, then you can either..........

Change the whole rear end, diff, back axle, hubs, drive shafts etc. in fact the whole lot, and you should also get a LSD in the process.

OR...............

I have some adaptor plates, so that you can fit the rear discs calipers etc. from any disc braked Sierra to your own rear axle. Although I used reconditioned calipers & new discs, you can use the 'old' ones depending on the state of them.

See here

If anyone wants a set of these plates, I have a LIMITED amount, and like the rear camber spacers, once they've gone, that's it!

Little of topic but, am I right in thinking that RSJigtec now produce the brackets to straighten up the back wheels as per Jim's design.

If so how much are they going for?

Cheers,

Andy

;) they are a pair, my car is at this time with them having alot of work done and this is one of the things bob is doing,

ps they come in various angles to set the camber correct depending on your ride hight,hence why they are setting up all the geometry.

;) the setup is being done for free by them as i am having so much work done

ie engine change

bigger fuel tank with swirl

custom made exhaust 4 inch bore

complete rewire inc new carbon dash

new jt crystal rear lights

to name but a few

so dont know of the cost of set up sorry B)