Lolocost Chassis

Guest jonti

Anyone else building from scratch using a lolocost IRS chassis ?

Wouldn't mind comparing a few notes on steering and pinto alternator positioning.

I'm drivable rolling with brakes at present and have solved most problems but always interested in finding a possible better way.

No I wouldnt mate..I've been on there since last year..they're very very helpful (piss takers but helpful) but they're all MK/Luego or Scratch Build men...

Lolo IRS Chassis is an RHE product so I thought I'd give it a go here.

As I said I've sorted most of it but its been VERY tricky and I thought it'd be useful to compare my solutions with with someone elses. Although,I'm honestly beginning to think I'm the only sucker who ever bought one.

hi jonti.

I've not come across anyone else on this site that is building one yet, so you could be the only one!

I don't think that for the engine position etc. you'll find it much different to either the 2B or Sub K, especially as they have both had problems with the clash of components wanting the same bit of room, ie. steering shaft, alternator, & exhaust manifold. You'll see many different ways that people have got around the problems, from making their own alternator brackets, to using different ones 'upside down'. It also seems that it depends on which steering rack you were lucky / unlucky enough to get. I'm sure that most of the other stuff is very similar also. I would recommend that you go to the 'old' rhocar site, and read some of the web sites (start at the bottom) also, check out the posts on here, because most people will put their web address in their 'profile' and this can be acessed by clicking the www button at the bottom of their posts.

Good luck, and if we can help you we will.

Guest trevor hooley

Hi jonti,

When i went to le mans this year there was a couple from cambridge who had one of these just through sva, ill forward there email when i find it.. looked good apart from where hed chopped the bonnett to fit a pair af K&N filters through.

karl

Guest Robin Allison

Hi Jonti

Seen you've been well active on the locost builders site hope you do the same here. As for your car i liked the look of the irs chassis but had ordered a 2b, wish i had gone for the irs though :boohoo: . how about some pics of your build then? see if anyone has some inspiration for you, while i weep in the corner.

Rob...

jonti, some pics would be good. i think all robin hoods share the same build philoshophy...! ;)

i'm alittle way through a 2b build and really enjoying it and the support from this resource, hope you find the same

the drivers foot well problems you may have encountered sound all to familiar, lots of compromise, i wonder if there are more similarities

does your chassis have front and rear wishbones? this looks a good set up???

it would be good to hear about your build

bloke :ph34r:

hi tt, iwhen you add post you can attach a pic file through browse but you need to size it (mat d rat has pinned an excellent resize prog on this forum) lookin forward to this pic HTH :blink:

Guest trickytiker

STILL FRUSTRATED :boohoo: WHER IS MAD D RATS RESIZ PROG JUST STARTED

USING THE FURUM BUILDING MY CAR WAS EASER P.S MY SPELLING IS AS BAD AS Robin Hoods MUD GUARD BRACKETS :gdit:

Edited by Big Jim

First of all, make sure that the picture you want to load up is not too big 'memory size' you can either shrink it in actual size, or reduce the quality using whatever software you use for saving your piccy's, or you can use Matt's little program to do it. (I can't tell you that one, as i've never used that)

now, at the bottom of the window where you write your reply, there's a 'drop down' titled, "File attachments" click on the drop-down arrow, find your piccy, double click it, so that it'll put it's address into the 'box' then your done.

Hit 'add reply' and see if it comes up. If it doesn't, then it's probably too big yet.

Also, DON'T SHOUT! :mellow:

post-3-1071612120.jpg

TT, i see you can sort a movin avtar! :D

make sure the pic size is small enough

the programme is pinned in chit chat to download, the att pic is resized to smallest on drop down menu.

all this b27458x took me ages to sort out especially the movin avtar thing!: good luck

bj you had a respray? the exhausts on the right side but i didnt recognise your car, mine has no colour yet -

post-3-1071612979.jpg