Omg It The First Aniversary On My Wedding! Need Help!

Guest fozzy2007

Guest fozzy2007

Ok guys need all your thoughts and skill here.

Coming up in the next week(not quite sure but will look it up in the diary in a bit :D :o ) is my first wedding aniversary.

Now, as its my first, I am at a complete loss on what to buy! do i but something like a card and a box of chocolates, or is that the short route to the sofa, or do i get something bigger. Dont want to go overboard as we both find candle lit dinners and so on a bit corny(ok i find them a bit corny), but i suppose i have to make a bit of an effort.

My brother only lives next door so should ask him but he is bound to stitch me up and drop me in it so coming here first.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Also, anyone got any bad memories of these things? it would be nice to learn from others' mistakes.

Thanks all

Rob (soon to be buried in the back garden if i get this wrong) Fozzy

Guest MarkB

i had one bad memory.... unfortunatly it consisted of me totally forgetting the whole occasion, send flowers to her work or wherever she will be on the day.... then a nice quite meal... at home or go out for one

Guest kleighton

Congratulations Fozzy,

If you want to follow tradition, I think it's paper for the first anniversary. I am the same as you, I don't go for all the corny things so I just bought my wife a card. However if you want to put some thought behind it there are some web sites that you can buy for example a newspaper from the day of you're wedding.

It was my second wedding anniversary last september, and that's cotton apparently. So I bought her a tea towel..... Egyptian cotton mind !!!!! In return I got a bed sheet, which didn't really keep me warm that night on the sofa......

Good luck

Thanks

Keith

Guest Nigel Novice

Sorry cant remember that far back :huh: but it must have worked just clocked up 27 years B) :D best I can say is do what you like doing together (no not that) pub, pictures, meal or walking the dog :rolleyes:

i had one bad memory.... unfortunatly it consisted of me totally forgetting the whole occasion, send flowers to her work or wherever she will be on the day.... then a nice quite meal... at home or go out for one

congatz i bought my wife a fishing rod once for her birthday she dint like it . good job i like fishin

I`ve got 40 in on saturday i must have droped every bo***ck in the book over the years. When women ask how long you have been married for and you and you tell them and they say " ah thats nice " but they haven`t had to do them.Anyway i don`t think it counts anymore as they have knocked the church down we got married in now.

Dave

Guest Stuartl

Well, you have remembered, thats a good start!

A night away in a decent hotel might work ok, failing that get her some Machine Mart vouchers and she can use them to buy you something nice for the garage :D

Guest Geordiebarry

I am in the fortunate position that my wife forgot our 1st anniversary. I didn't so that it means when I do forget I have only forgottten as many as her. Been married 7 years now (scratch scratch!! :D )

We get on very well cos she likes to see me happy, hence her yearly bonus was spent on the garage.

Guest fozzy2007
Well, you have remembered, thats a good start!

A night away in a decent hotel might work ok, failing that get her some Machine Mart vouchers and she can use them to buy you something nice for the garage :D

lol i like your thinking

But on a more serious note, i think im gunna have to go down the drinks, food and hotel route.

Ant more ideas would be great however.

Cheers all

Rob

A horse

New shoes evrey 6 weeks -£64-00 = 2 sets of tyres / year

Ins-£320-00 / year = Fully comp + recovery

Livery £ £20-00 / week = Payments on the car

feed - £ 20-00 / week = loads of fuel

3 hours / day looking after it = loads of hood time

weekend compititions = more play time

New tack = more bling for the hood

On reflection dont do it its not worth it.

Steve

Guest Stuartl

We get on very well cos she likes to see me happy, hence her yearly bonus was spent on the garage.

If the present Mrs L clears off, will she marry me???

Guest Geordiebarry

If the present Mrs L clears off, will she marry me???

I know it sounds good, but you always get the good and bad in equal measures.

Congratulations Fozzy,

If you want to follow tradition, I think it's paper for the first anniversary. I am the same as you, I don't go for all the corny things so I just bought my wife a card. However if you want to put some thought behind it there are some web sites that you can buy for example a newspaper from the day of you're wedding.

It was my second wedding anniversary last september, and that's cotton apparently. So I bought her a tea towel..... Egyptian cotton mind !!!!! In return I got a bed sheet, which didn't really keep me warm that night on the sofa......

Good luck

Thanks

Keith

Don't bother with the tradition thing, at 21 years the wife kept dropping hints about platinum, for some reason a set of Bosch spark plugs didn't meet her needs?

Women just don't understand them.

The meals bit might work though, M&S to a meal & wine deal for a tenner, its all heat and serve stuff but did the trick for me on valentines and its cheaper than a takeaway.

Tom Hayden

Guest fozzy2007

Just booked the hotel. Nice secluded romantic one. Garden bedroom. all the trimmings and just had to empty the account to pay for it. just hope i dont have to increase the effort each year!!!!!!!