Temperature Sensor

Tazzzzman1

Hi,

Having a few gremlins with the new dash I am fitting post SVA.

The old dash used the old Sierra clocks and the temperature guage worked fine. (Engine is a 1987 Sierra 2.0l)

However I am fitting some dials from a 2.0l Capri. Everything works fine except the temp guage when reading, goes to max temp within 1 min. I know the water temp is fine, so now wondering do I need to fit a different type of sensor in the block?

Anyone able to point me in the right direction on this?

I will sell my old dash to anyone wanting it (very simple and SVA friendly). Will try and post some pic's shortly.

<_<

PS

Great show! Made a visit to Rhocar stand on Sunday, (too far to take my 2B for it's 1st drve post SVA!) Definately try to make Newark!!) :rolleyes:

Edited by tazzzzman1

Hi,

Engine age is immaterial.

Capri clocks will need a Capri sensor.

Tell your motor factors it's the one with the white band.

I'm pretty sure that'll do it - Well it did on mine.

HTH

Hi,

Having a few gremlins with the new dash I am fitting post SVA.

The old dash used the old Sierra clocks and the temperature guage worked fine. (Engine is a 1987 Sierra 2.0l)

However I am fitting some dials from a 2.0l Capri. Everything works fine except the temp guage when reading, goes to max temp within 1 min. I know the water temp is fine, so now wondering do I need to fit a different type of sensor in the block?

Anyone able to point me in the right direction on this?

I will sell my old dash to anyone wanting it (very simple and SVA friendly). Will try and post some pic's shortly.

<_<

PS

Great show! Made a visit to Rhocar stand on Sunday, (too far to take my 2B for it's 1st drve post SVA!) Definately try to make Newark!!) :rolleyes:

Cheers, B)

I thought it would be a simple one....

Also managed to get a snap of the simple Dash that needs a new home(below) If anyones interested let me know. All in working order and totally SVA friendly.

Comes with Sierra clocks and connector/ loom ;)

A few snaps of the car post SVA. Hope to see a few of you guys at Newark

Cheers :D

Terry