Sva...

Guest super-duper-millionaire

Guest super-duper-millionaire

Well folks, anyone who knows me would find it incredily hard to believe that I have even got anywhere near SVA, nevermind passed it!

My superspec (Rover T series) had its first test at Beverley 2weeks ago and failed on the following points:

- No self centering

- Poor parking brake effort

- Brake pipe too close to exhaust

- Wiring too close to exhaust

- Exhaust protrudes more than 10mm and doesnt have a radius (the rubber i fitted 2mins prior to sva melted during emissions test)

- Universal joint on steering rack - no evidence of splines (they were there, so moved it back 1mm to demonstrate this)

- Pedal pivot bar bent

- Brake lamp switch sticking on

So i immediately booked a retest for 2 weeks time (which was today) and passed.

The whole experience was fantastic. I went feeling my car wasn't upto scratch in some areas (mainly due to rushing to avoid iva), but the testers (both original and retest guy) were fantastic. They had a positive attitude, were enthusiastic, and gave plenty of tips and ideas.

When i got my sylva jester tested several years ago, the story was far different. The attitude of the (different) tester as awful, and he was out to make me feel 2" tall. He failed items that he shouldnt and had no reason to (i.e. roll over bar strength, firewall strength etc) and it left me feeling bitter aout the whole sva scheme. He even implied that i should have given up with the jester....

So I do sympathise with the people who have experienced the less enthusiastic testers.

Now... I promise to be a more active member and to turn up to meets (as soon as i get her registered that is)

- Sam

Well folks, anyone who knows me would find it incredily hard to believe that I have even got anywhere near SVA, nevermind passed it!

My superspec (Rover T series) had its first test at Beverley 2weeks ago and failed on the following points:

- No self centering

- Poor parking brake effort

- Brake pipe too close to exhaust

- Wiring too close to exhaust

- Exhaust protrudes more than 10mm and doesnt have a radius (the rubber i fitted 2mins prior to sva melted during emissions test)

- Universal joint on steering rack - no evidence of splines (they were there, so moved it back 1mm to demonstrate this)

- Pedal pivot bar bent

- Brake lamp switch sticking on

So i immediately booked a retest for 2 weeks time (which was today) and passed.

The whole experience was fantastic. I went feeling my car wasn't upto scratch in some areas (mainly due to rushing to avoid iva), but the testers (both original and retest guy) were fantastic. They had a positive attitude, were enthusiastic, and gave plenty of tips and ideas.

When i got my sylva jester tested several years ago, the story was far different. The attitude of the (different) tester as awful, and he was out to make me feel 2" tall. He failed items that he shouldnt and had no reason to (i.e. roll over bar strength, firewall strength etc) and it left me feeling bitter aout the whole sva scheme. He even implied that i should have given up with the jester....

So I do sympathise with the people who have experienced the less enthusiastic testers.

Now... I promise to be a more active member and to turn up to meets (as soon as i get her registered that is)

- Sam

Well done mate,

I had mine pass at Beverley 4 weeks ago 2nd time also. Found them to be pretty fair. 2nd tester was far better....he gave me the pass..Makes all the hard work seem worthwhile.. :D :D

Cheers

Terry