Inertia Switch

Al Milton

Hi All,

Finally getting round to wiring.

Laid the loom around the car yesterday and am just wondering about the best (or most suitable), position to mount the fuel pump inertia switch.

Any suggestions as always appreciated.

Cheers

Al

Hi Al,

I mounted mine just under the dash to the right on the driver side so that i can get at it easy to reset it should the need arrise , i also use mine as yet another anti theft device by just giving it a tap as it then shuts the fuel pump off .

Mike

post-1892-1242078639_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike.

It makes sense to also use the inertia switch as an anti theft device to stop the little toe-rags.

I'll have a look at a similar position or somewhere on the tunnel side under the dash.

Cheers

Al

Guest nevans
Hi All,

Finally getting round to wiring.

Laid the loom around the car yesterday and am just wondering about the best (or most suitable), position to mount the fuel pump inertia switch.

Any suggestions as always appreciated.

Cheers

Al

hi Al

where did you aquire the inertia switch from didnt get one in the s/spec kit and no mention of it on the wiring diagram but I can see the need for one

cheers

nigel

Hi Nigel , Have a look on ebay as there are quite a few at the moment , this one for example http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Pump-Inertia-Sw...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Just a note here that some if not all have a n/o contact that can be used for a no fuel warning light when swich has cut off the fuel.

Mike

Hi All,

Nigel, as Mike says, e-bay is a good start, this is where I got mine from. It has both normally open and normally closed contacts and is a webcon part. Can't remember who supplied it though :unknw: sorry

Hi Will, thanks for the pointer. Mike has sent a piccy of where his is located, so options are there. It was just a question of preferred choice (if any).

Thanks for the ideas

Al

Guest nevans
Hi All,

Nigel, as Mike says, e-bay is a good start, this is where I got mine from. It has both normally open and normally closed contacts and is a webcon part. Can't remember who supplied it though :unknw: sorry

Hi Will, thanks for the pointer. Mike has sent a piccy of where his is located, so options are there. It was just a question of preferred choice (if any).

Thanks for the ideas

Al