What's In Your V5c

Guest jusycom

Guest jusycom

Hi all got my 2b through sva test on 30th of april , registered it same day two weeks later reiceive my log book but there is nothing in it to say it was built in 2009, all it says is date of first reg 1991 which is donor car , on the front in special notes it states = kit built/converted. This worries me what happens next summer when i come to tax it and they ask for an mot , i thought it didn't need one from three years from first reg , rang dvla today they where no help at all told me to ring vosa so did spoke to sva/iva tech department they said it should be registered as a new vehicle year wise as dvla had issued a new chassis number ect. Can anybody shed any light on the matter . cheers justin.

Guest markhorton

On the front of my V5 it states that the car is rebuilt - assembled from parts some or all of which were not new.

The date of first registration is 2009.

I would get back in touch with the dvla for sure.

Guest bettinson2005
Hi all got my 2b through sva test on 30th of april , registered it same day two weeks later reiceive my log book but there is nothing in it to say it was built in 2009, all it says is date of first reg 1991 which is donor car , on the front in special notes it states = kit built/converted. This worries me what happens next summer when i come to tax it and they ask for an mot , i thought it didn't need one from three years from first reg , rang dvla today they where no help at all told me to ring vosa so did spoke to sva/iva tech department they said it should be registered as a new vehicle year wise as dvla had issued a new chassis number ect. Can anybody shed any light on the matter . cheers justin.

hi mine also states date or first reg :unknw: but at the bottom of the log book also states year of sva 2007? but my car is on a Qreg when i phoned dvla they said to phone vosa? phoned vosa and they said is is becouse they could not say that all parts used was from the donor car????? this is why its been Q plated????? i have also mot the car this year just to make sure that if i get pulled at least it is mot.. only i have been told of kits getting pulled over for not having a mot? this will lead to points on licence.... or a lot of hassle trying to protest that car does not need a mot. i still dont know if my is registered correct. :wacko: :unknw: insurance says as long as it states on log book sva 2007 then that is all they need?????????

Guest mikea

Key point is when you come to tax it. I taxed mine on line. No MOT details were required.

Also I think that the police can access the same infomation which will tell them whether or not the car should be MOTed

I had my V5 amended as the first one had date of manufacture as 1994 (the donor) which I assume would mean that I would need an MOT to tax it.

Now shows date of manufacture as 2008.

Guest corfe castle

Please take the time to read my earlier post. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

After almost 3 months since passing the s.v.a. and registering the car. It has taken 4 or 5 log books and the allocation of 2 different numberplates? and no I do not mean front back, ha ha. plus an awful lot of stress. But finally this week all seems to be in order.

The lesson from the story is, if you are given an age related plate still showing the doner vehicle date of registration? or there are still previous keepers showing in vehicle history? or you are allowed to keep the doner registration number? BEWARE ALL IS NOT WELL.

Please read paragraphs 62 and 63 taken from the document below, or download the document yourself for your own reference

62. DVLA assigns the registration number based on the age of the donor vehicle. However, the vehicle is regarded as being first registered in its new identity and, depending on the vehicle type, ESVA/SVA/MSVA will be required to register. The applicant must also submit the registration certificate for the donor vehicle, receipts from the manufacturer and a pre-inspection report.

63. As the vehicle is regarded as newly built, the original date of manufacture is no longer relevant to the kit-converted vehicle and the date of manufacture will change to the date the vehicle build was completed. For consistency this is regarded as the date of the ESVA/SVA/MSVA test. Therefore, if the donor vehicle had been eligible for Historic Vehicle tax exemption the exemption will not apply to the new vehicle.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/consultat...cons_190404.pdf

Do not give in to D.V.L.A.s incorrect information. all the correct info can be found in the document link above that is on the D.V.L.A. site. You are welcome to ring me if you want me to help with this. Best wishes Roger 01495 711578

Mr Ben has given clarity to this problem and the solution.

DVLA have the regulations clearly stated, any fault with the V5 is a DVLA problem usually caused by the local DVLA office.

Whilst they have only one particular officer nominated to be the "expert" on these types of registration, in practice they need to be corrected on occasions.

Not only can you now quote the regs kindly provided by Mr Ben but also quote precedence, that is the correct registration details that appear on other members V5 docs.

If it helps my Series 3 kit sold in 1997 used a Sierra donor from 1986, was SVA'd in July 2008 and registered the same month.

The V5 states first registered July 2008 not the date of SVA pass but the date i presented it for registration.

It has an age related plate.

Guest jusycom

Thanks for all your comments , i will be using them for evidence to send to dvla , i have phoned them three times this week, to try and sort this problem out but it seems that all dvla staff have been on the same customer service course as easy jet check in staff have, Frankley they have my money and couldn't give a s**t ,I even read them the regs that roger posted and they still didn't want to know, only after the third phone call did they give me an address for appeals for things like this to be changed, so i have to photocopy everything and write them a letter ,lets see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone for the backup information. justin