Bike Carbs

Guest red hornet

Guest red hornet

Hi Guys, sorry with all these bike carb questions, do I need to connect the choke on the bike carbs( kit from GBS) as it seams to start better when I manualy do it, advice is very much welcomed, thanks Ian :D

Guest bone
Hi Guys, sorry with all these bike carb questions, do I need to connect the choke on the bike carbs( kit from GBS) as it seams to start better when I manualy do it, advice is very much welcomed, thanks Ian :D

hi i have the zero running on bike carbs and no choke cable on it and it will start but when i push the choke on from under the bonnet it starts first time and keep it on for 30 sec and its fine but i am going to put a cable in just so i dont have to mess under the hood when its cold and for the cost of a cable i might as well but it will run without if you want

Guest AWhite

I agree. I have (non-GBS) quad Keihins off a zx6 and its not really a choke it just puts more fuel through. With it on on mine it starts first time even if the car has sat for months. If your car starts fine without it i'd imagine its running a little rich. Worth putting it in for the time it takes and you may find when you may need it if you change the mixture running through the carbs.

Andy

Guest salty_monk

Fuel enrichment circuit / valve is the tech term on one of these. Basically draws extra fuel from a separate tube that dips independently into the float bowl..... Personally I would connect it up for the UK.

Dan :)

Guest salty_monk

:lol: I agree, choke is much easier. Even most "chokes" as we know them had some kind of enrichment valve on them as well as the plate to block airflow... even on my 1962 Ford it has that!

Dan :)