H Or V Rated

SSSLINE

Hi all,

Just wondered what the concensus was on H or V rating for tyres, H are a bit cheaper but? <_<

Also was thinking of running 55 or 60 profile on the rear instead of 50's (15") to give a little more ride height at the backend and 'fill' the arches better - any views/experiances? (Not sure if it might look like tractor tyres :o )

Cheers

Tony.R

Thanks for the thoughts, looks like a mute point in the end as I am leaning toward Toyo T1-R and they are V rated only in my sizes, :rolleyes: going to go halfway and run 55 profile on the rears as if i went to a 60 profile the choice of tyre is more limited, on a 15" fitment anyway, might gain me another 10mm over the 50 profiles.

Cheers

Tony.R

Rats. I need to get some W rated boots! :rolleyes: Reality check. I can't think of a time when I have exceeded 113 mph on road or track in the last 3 years so S would do! :(

Nigel

ISTR that legally your tyres must be rated for the declared maximum speed of the vehicle - otherwise we could all say that we never go over 70 (honest officer!)