Lambda

jmspec

I am wiring the an Emerald ECU and have reached the Lambda sensor stage.

After reading some articles I have decided I need a wide band sensor.

How do I identify which one was supplied with the kit. Maybe a wide band one was supplied by RH.

If I have a narrow band, which wide band do I buy.

Thanks for any help

Jez

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi Jez,

Generally wideband sensors need a seperate controller, I don't think the Emerald ECU has a wideband controller on board? (Most ECU's just have a 0-5V input ready to take in a signal from a Wideband controller, I know that's how Megasquirt is set up)

I use an Innovate LC1 controller, which used a fairly standard Bosch wideband sensor (used in some 1.8T VW/Audi cars etc), but there are other options from AEM etc. You can also make your own controller if you're that way inclined, have a look on www.diyautotune.com for some inspiration :)

Guest Jomeo69

Jez

It is my understanding (which is a bit dodgey at times) that the emerald ecu does not directly deal with a wideband signal from an lc1 but it can interperate the signal which is then used by the ecu on the self learn function.

Emerald recomend a Innovate LC1 to the point where they put the wiring diagram in the booklet they supply with the K3

Ive got both and emerald k3 ecu and an innovate lc1 wideband lambda sensor and controller but im sure mine isnt wired up correctly.

HTH

Joe