Coolant Hose Support

peter_m7uk

Hi,

Just wondering what SVA/IVA says about supporting coolant hoses on long runs? On my Lightweight, the bottom hose will go through 90 degrees immediately off the bottom of the Pinto coolant pump, then run forward through the nose and down and around to the bottom of the radiator.

In the attached pic from early in the build, you can see the top two ali box sections in the nose of the car. I intend to route the coolant hose just underneath these boxes and wondered about supporting the hose by attaching to a box section. From the coolant pump to exit from the front of the nose is only about 50cm, but is it a requirement to support this? It would be supported at each end and the silicone hoses are pretty stiff. If I do need to support, any ideas on how to attach to the box section? I don't want to p-clip, as I'd rather not drill any holes into the box. Are cable ties right out? Or is there something similar but acceptable to SVA/IVA?

Ta,

Pete :D

post-1247-1246097890_thumb.jpg

If in doubt best to run a solid pipe with rubber bends on the ends. CBS do them with flared ends (stops pipes blowing off), standard lengths and special orders. Then you can make some nice p clips to size out off ally strip and mount to chassis. I used some copper plumbing pipe (solder olives on the outside instead of flaring).