Curborough 2004

Guest Tim Norman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tim Norman

Andy Jessop has suggested that your T shirts are reversible with a slightly different message on the other side.

I would just like to point out that I have never professed to being fast just that few have made it out on the track to beat me. Except our Mr jessop who did it all whilst holding his breath, no screen and no helmet, and with a car that hasn't had its steering nor suspension set up at all.

See you out there

Bobsmate

:D only joking tim,but it seems to be rallying the masses and thats the main point

see you soon

ps i now have a copy of the 2003 video and am watching it as i type,and you were not that far of being first,mind you at one point i did notice you checking your phone? :p

Guest jetskijase

Hi All

I will be there, as a spectater <_< , unless someone can pull me round on me rolling chassis :p :p

Anyway, if anyone wants lifts , convoys ,carrying stuff etc let me know i'm in cannock so not too far away.

Look forward to the 360's :D :D

Stafford next though, start me shopping list then.

Jase

Guest mickmellors

Dont forget there is a copyright on the tapes and DVDs and that copyright belongs to one of our fellow RHOCaR members who is going to be filming at Curborough again this year (31st July) and will possibly be getting us a trip around the Top Gear test track etc etc etc - lets not burn bridges ! ! !

I think it may still be possible to buy a tape from John Walton - I can supply phone number if requested - if not I guess it would be OK to borrow one for a viewing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy Rathbone

i believe there is a noise limit, perhaps this could be confirmed, by Tim. if your worried come to a midlands area meeting and i will bring my magic box, or send me a PM and we can arrange a time and place, depending on your location of course.

Guest alan rowe

Hi Andy - where do you meet up at your area meetings (post code would do) - I live at Thrapston on the A14 about 35/40 mins from the A14/M1/M6 junction

How do you actually test the decibles - is it a static test or do you do it as the car is driven

you're very welcome to drive over to me or we could meet halfway - depends what you have to do to get a reading

Alan

Guest Andy Rathbone

the noise test i do takes a minute its a static test using a dbA meter, i live not 4 miles from J3 of the M6 , a meeting halfay sounds good perhaps a few miles the A14 side of the A14/M1/M6 junction would be no probs, you wont get any kind of certificate only piece of mind. my meter is calabrated to a NAMAS standard unofficially, it was done at work on the sly ;)

as for a date how about sunday 22nd feb? or later, for the better weather?

Guest alan rowe

hi Andy - we're only about 60 miles apart so getting together as you suggest is a good idea - i guess we should decide on somewhere quiet and remote so we dont wake up or disturb anybody

as for deciding on a date - my only problem is that i dont have a roof so it needs to be dry and planning so far ahead is a problem

sundays are good for me and at the moment all are OK - if we can make a late descision on the date and ring the day before agreeing a place and time and i could buy you a beer afterwards - have you any ideas where and does anybody else want to met and have theirs done as well - we could have a sound party

alan