Curborough 2004

Guest Tim Norman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Jim

Mind you, you could sit in it in the garage and go, Brm! Brm! I suppose!

Not too loudly though using Terrys conversion chart that would be approx 20 to 75 decibels and could soon cause concerns with the neighbours :lol: :lol:

Terry

or a jet engine - 120 dB

How can a jet engine have a blanket decibel figure anyway, some are a darn sight noisier than others, I can tell you... Pardon what did you say? :D

Guest mickmellors

There is one VERY important thing that has not yet been mentioned about the noise testing at Curborough -

Sound level tests will also be done with the test microphone at the very edge of the tarmac and readings will be taken as you pass by :o . If you fail the limit, that will almost certainly be your last lap for the day :( and we wont be doing refunds :boohoo: ! !

Local residents who have recently completed a barn conversion are extremely keen to record their complaints :gdit: . The owners of the track will not risk being closed down by the local authorities just so that we can have a couple of hours of fun.

Dont say you werent warned.

Guest alan rowe

im going to get mine checked out b4 coming to the track day - 105 decibels static but what is the decibel figure for the driving past going to be cause that is where mine is probably louder

alan

Alan, my dad's got a similar engine to you 3.9 V8 twin exhaust etc. He has currently got 2 standard RH exhausts on it and the noise is too much for the regs so there is a good chance that you will break the limit unless you have got a packed silencer.

Andy

Guest alan rowe

hi Andy

my 2 exhausts were pirpose made for the car - there's nothing inside the "silencers" - just an adjustable baffle plate to change the airflow (I dont see why) and I always leave it in the fully open position and its loud

alan

Guest Alasdair

Is there an official way to get noise level accurately measured prior to the event?

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I bought mine ready-built so this has never been an issue (and the neighbours haven't complained either!) :)

Guest alan rowe

alasdair

andy rathbone is going to do a declbel test on mine - we are going to meet along the A14 soon (date to be sorted) you are welcome to join in on the sound party (see earlier posts in this section)

alan