Windscreen Too Wide

Guest cedric

The windscreen on my recently purchased S7 appears too wide as the brackets mount flush with the body but then bend away to where they join the windscreen. This leaves a gap of about an inch between the mount and boby. The question is are the windscreens supplied made or are they assembled by the builder and hence rebuildable with a narrower width.

Just a note here. The screen that came with my S7 IS too wide coz the guy who built it didn't assemble it properly. The glass isn't all the way into the top part of the frame so the lower part is too far down and so wider than it needs to be. It's not too far out so I've just filled the gaps with plasticine and then silicone as per Richards instructions in the video.

As per usual I'm happier with the passenger side than the drivers side (practice). I could do with a car that has three sides and only needs two so that I could use the surplus side as practice for things like this. Maybe if I get a third RH then it will be my ideal as I apply the practice and lessons learned from the current two. But where would I put it?

Iain

Guest Andy Sparrow

Ian are you really looking for a third hood ? I d have thought 2 is enough for anyone ... especially when your still pre SVA ....

I might know where theres a third one going ....

A

Iain

I dont think you would have any problems with storage for a third hood.

(Ive seen smaller bungalows) but i think you would have a very bad ear infection.

and you need to get the first one on the road first :p ;) :p

Mitch

No don't really want a third one - in fact I'm intending to sell one in the summer. I was just thinking aloud that having built one and done a lot of work on another I now know most of the pitfalls and tips and tricks that would enable me to do a great job on a third. For some reason I tend to start on the drivers side of any jobs and as a result the passenger sides always seem easier and better because I've seen how to do it by then.

Iain