Spacers

Guest phil howard

Guest phil howard

Has anyone found a good source of material to make spacers from.

Using washers seems a bit of a faf but finding a suitable thick wall tube is proving quite hard.

I would prefer to source / buy the item rather than use up another favour getting them made for me by one of the contractors.

Thanks

phil

Guest bone

ma and taff used metal tube 1/2" same wall as all the box section . works great if you wanted as well put washer eather side but its not needed . lot simpler than washers and no fiddleing about getting one on and dropping the rest then picking them up to find you have droped that one as well. try it as i say taff and i have done this :good:

Guest phil howard
ma and taff used metal tube 1/2" same wall as all the box section . works great if you wanted as well put washer eather side but its not needed . lot simpler than washers and no fiddleing about getting one on and dropping the rest then picking them up to find you have droped that one as well. try it as i say taff and i have done this :good:

Cheers Bone,

I priced up getting proper spacers from stainlessparts and it was getting upto £100..........which I would never get passed Mrs Phil. This afternoon will be spent avoiding meetings and looking for 1/2" tubing.

Using washers seems a bit of a faf but finding a suitable thick wall tube is proving quite hard.

I would prefer to source / buy the item rather than use up another favour getting them made for me by one of the contractors.

Thanks

phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like some spacers made then I have a lathe at home and could make them for you or any other member that wants them.

Send me the dimensions that you want and material required so that I can source a supplier.

Regards

Martin

Guest phil howard

Thanks

phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like some spacers made then I have a lathe at home and could make them for you or any other member that wants them.

Send me the dimensions that you want and material required so that I can source a supplier.

Regards

Martin

Martin,

I have been promised some 25mm OD thick wall tubing from a friend (though I may need to drill it out..........if this turns out to be no good I'll drop you a note.

Many Thanks