Dvla Are Havin A Larf

Guest scrabster

Guest scrabster

hi all,had a letter from dvla in exeter yesterday telling me i owe them £80 fine for not declaring the sierra(donor) again this year.i sorned the sierra as soon as i bought it,i then stripped it and built the zero, sva`d it and registered it all within the 12 months.the dvla at birmingham before registering wanted the reg document and the sorn certificate along with all the other paper work.they asked me if i scrapped the sierra,yes i said.i thought that was the end of the car as ive got nowt more to do with it.so ive penned them a strong letter and sent it back yesterday. in big letters on the information leaflet they sent it says THE DVLA IS COMMITTED TO MAINTAINING AN ACCURATE VEHICLE RECORD. ha what a joke.ok rant over ,cant wait for the reply!.

jess.

Hi Jess, I had the same problem, after about 2 months of letters backwards and forwards, and the threat of baliffs, i went to Birmingham DVLA with all my corespondence and saw a great chap Mr Peter Raj, he sorted it out in 15 minutes, no apology from Sidcup DVLA though, see you at the Malt Shovel end of month, Graham.