Will Eec Iv From Pinto Efi Run The Ignition Timing For Bike Carbs

ozz

If I replace my efi with Bike Carbs on my 2.0 pinto can I just bolt them on and leave the eec iv ecu to run the ignition timing or will it simply revert to limp home mode because there are no injectors or air flow meter?

I don't have the cash to go megajolt and edis or megaquirt just to run the timing.

My Distributor is a non vacuum advance hall effect.

Thanks

Andrew.

If I replace my efi with Bike Carbs on my 2.0 pinto can I just bolt them on and leave the eec iv ecu to run the ignition timing or will it simply revert to limp home mode because there are no injectors or air flow meter?

I don't have the cash to go megajolt and edis or megaquirt just to run the timing.

My Distributor is a non vacuum advance hall effect.

Thanks

Andrew.

mine was a 3wire bosh dizzy EFI and it ran the bike carbs ok but the car lacked a bit of midrange compared to now having put bestek fast rd ignition on £180 easy to fit... max bhp was same with either ignition.

good luck Dan

Guest scrabster

hi again,i used a bestek ignition system you get a new dizzy,cap,sport coil and module.add 12v supply and thats it ,much easier than efi system especially if your crap at car electrics like me.oh it cost £180 for the lot.

jess.

Guest peter sanderson

If you're fitting bike carbs, don't forget an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I did and was getting massive blowback through carbs. need to be about 2.5psi only. Demon tweeks do an easy to install one for £30

Guest Robin Allison

It should still work without the airflow meter. The eeciv with airflow meter does not have a true limp mode so the ignition should work as it was.

The ignition curve is ran from the engine speed/TPS position. The Dohc eeciv would be better as it runs a map sensor. But it would need a 36-1 crank wheel and pick up fitting.

A m8 has a mk5 RS2000 running on the old eeciv but the fuel is via bike carbs. It works great and it revs to 9000rpm :o

thanks guys for this info.

been in garage trying to mod the efi plenum with the old b+d powerfile ...... to very little effect.

Looks like it might be bike carbs then.

Andrew.

Guest enginetorque
thanks guys for this info.

been in garage trying to mod the efi plenum with the old b+d powerfile ...... to very little effect.

Looks like it might be bike carbs then.

Andrew.

Just put bike carbs on my Pinto 2.0 - it revs far better and seems every bit as tractable and 'civilised' as it was - only drawback to date is starting which is marginally less easy as there is no choke but that apart it's great