New Coilovers

Guest jayg

Hi,

Still plodding on with the build from 2002!!!

I fitted the coilovers supplied by RHE about 4 years ago and the chassis has been stood since. I've now found that the rear shocks are leaking so I am planning on replacing all four. What is the recommended replacement for the 2B? I've had a quick look at GAZ but I don't have a clue what to order. Can anyone shed any light on lbs etc.

Cheers

Jay.

Guest robinj66

Al you need to do is to measure the length of your existing shocks - at fully open and fully shut. Take the measurement from the centre of the mounting holes.

Coilover springs are either 1.9" diameter or 2.25" so you need to make sure you get shocks that fit your springs.

The only other measurement you need is the diameter of the mounting holes.

Gaz etc shocks are usually adjustable these days so you only need "poundage" for new springs.

Al you need to do is to measure the length of your existing shocks - at fully open and fully shut. Take the measurement from the centre of the mounting holes.

Coilover springs are either 1.9" diameter or 2.25" so you need to make sure you get shocks that fit your springs.

The only other measurement you need is the diameter of the mounting holes.

Gaz etc shocks are usually adjustable these days so you only need "poundage" for new springs.

Thanks, I was going to replace the springs as well because I'm not too sure of the quality. If I'm fitting decent shocks they may as well have decent springs or am I wasting money?

Guest robinj66

It's always a good idea to replace the springs as well.

I can't help with the rates as my S7 is completely different. Hopefully a "b owner will be along soon - there must be a coupleof them out there :D