Ford Focus?

Guest beacon_1705

Guest beacon_1705

Hi guys

Looking in to getting the zero kit. But was wondering if i could use the focus with the 1.8 zetec engine that is lying around for most of the donor parts rather then just the engine, I am aware that i would need a different gearbox, other then that any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

Andy

Guest chris brown

I think you need to look at a different kit if you are to use the Focus there are a few around (one or two nice ones) normally with rear engine. If you do go for the Zero then IMHO you do need a Sierra donor or all the bits from GBS.

to add a little more, What would you want to use from the focus? You can't use the hubs or suspension as they are fwd. I guess you could use the seats and switch gear and the loom (probably get a lot of problems trying to tie up door sensors and airbag sensors etc). Not sure whether you could keep the fuel injection standard prob have to lower the plenum or switch to carbs/throttle bodies and a separate ecu. HTH