Digidash

Guest rizla

im thinking of puting a digidash as its called into the s7,has anyone had one of these before and are they any good,your thoughts greatly recieved

here

hope the link works if you click on products then digidash you can view it

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent for racing, trackdays, etc when you can sit down after a few laps and look at revs, gears, corner entry speeds and all sorts to give clues as to how to put together a faster lap without killing your engine or yourself.

Not so good on the road as the refocusing time is slightly longer and it has to be read and uses a slower mental pathway to process the information so your eyes are off the road longer and your concentration is reduced. Bit like looking at a digital watch which says 14:32 and you have to be at an appointment at 3:15 and you have to do a sum to see how long you've got but you interpret an analogue watch differently to give an almost instant estimate.

Nigel

:D i wish....i just made a decision to rebuild the s7 with the best parts possible

and make the car somthing different to eventully be given to my son .

ps hes 11 at the moment so i get the fun for a while yet :p

Guest gordon_macnab

Rizla,

The best dash I've seen are in my mates Lotus Elise, 2 simple dials (revs and speed) with a small digital readout below for fuel & Temp readings.

IMHO the digidash reminds me of the old Digital dashes from MG Maestros/Montegos and I wouldn't thank you for one. Better off with a Stacks one for a bit more money.

Gordon

Guest 2BBoulton

Slower mental pathway!!! What a load of cobblers. The Audi 220 turbo used a digital dash, no problems with reading that. Unlike a watch you don't need to convert anything. If it read 90 then you are doing 90 (the blue lights in the rear view mirror might also be a clue :ph34r: ).

Rizla, seen the dash and thought about putting it in my hood (when I still had one). I would go for it, mental pathways or not! ;)

Bruce

:huh: thanx bruce....imust admit i couldnt work out what was meant by a slower mental pathway...it displays what you want at the push of a button and it has alarms that you can set for temp and oil pressure so you dont even nead to look at it to know theres a problem :blink:

:wub: thanx mike.,..... my s7 was a classic look ie brg and yellow strip,long wings etc

and i now want it to look more of a modern type racer,so i think the digidash will be more inkeeping with the new style <_<