Bike Exhaust

Guest MrT

hi

having just solved one nightmare looking for the next- when the car was on on the rolling road the guy at Torque Tune who set the car up said the Chrome zone exhaust I have on is crap !! so took it off and ran it again to show there was about 14 bhp to be had and said would be good to go to bike exhaust ie straight through. I went to see his mate who would make me a repackable exhaust in carbon/chrome or what ever inc brakets and include the length to the manifold pipes and bent exit for £100( he builds custom and race exhausts)

Anyone gone this route - any issues - improvements

Paul

Guest zoomzoom

Can't help if it would be any better, but if your mate can do them for £100 I would be interested in getting one as well for my pinto engined zero.

I have the gbs standard exhaust can on mine and its very loud but the engine runs fine with it.

It sounds like there is no wadding in the can, or if there was its not there anymore as when setting up my bike carbs I think I burnt anything that was in there (large backfires, and flames)

hi

having just solved one nightmare looking for the next- when the car was on on the rolling road the guy at Torque Tune who set the car up said the Chrome zone exhaust I have on is crap !! so took it off and ran it again to show there was about 14 bhp to be had and said would be good to go to bike exhaust ie straight through. I went to see his mate who would make me a repackable exhaust in carbon/chrome or what ever inc brakets and include the length to the manifold pipes and bent exit for £100( he builds custom and race exhausts)

Anyone gone this route - any issues - improvements

Paul

hi i take it you went to see nige at nrp ,,he is the dogs at exhausts he built our full system using the spec of the head and the results were fantastic..not to mention the craftmanship that went into it.

basically he said the standard RH system was pants and was too restrictive

NRP EXHAUSTS (our car)

post-1636-1253388604_thumb.jpg

Edited by TCR

hi

yes I did go and see Nige, I saw some of the stuff he had done, yes very high quality.

He told me he was the guy who did the R&D on Scorpion Exhausts.

When I have the ducting sorted on my bike carb( running well but have tempory solution) I intend to get a box and pipes made. I had the car dyno'd with and without the chrome zone and at 5000rpm there was 15bhp difference!

Paul