Front Number Plate

Guest rizla

:huh: what is the best position for fitting the front number plate(no silly coments like at the front bill)

mine was a stick on type on the nose cone but now its being painted im not sure i want to put it back on there <_<

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be a problem with the stick on ones on the nose cone because I think they are supposed to be vertical not almost horizontal. I was nearly failed on an mot many years ago for that reason. As many hoodz have stuck on ones I assume though people haven't had that problem?

Peter

Its supposed to be on a flat surface too.

Guest Battery Bill

I saw an interesting idea in last months Retro cars magazine, a bloke had and sporty renault thingy and his front numberplate was on a springed hinge which allowed more air in when going fast and sprung back when going slow. Ideal for the speed cameras but I doubt that mr plod would be too happy with it :lol: :lol:

Guest michael

as far as the MOT is concerned the numberplate must be clearly readable? if the mot man can read it ,it should be ok.the letters must be of equal thickness not etalic.might be of help....mike MOT tester/nice mot tester?

Guest Cantbearsed

I'll agree with stick-on plates ruining the paintwork but it seems no matter what type of plate you want now (road legal, show, historic) there is oodles and oodles of red tape preventing you from buying it.

I went into my local Motorist Discount Centre in Luton and asked for a black stick on letter which was out of stock on the rack. Got some in stock says Jobsworth, what's it for?

To replace one stolen from my front number plate, says I.

At this point I'm expecting the customary till bleep, cash drawer to pop open and Boy to hold out his mitt for the 85p...

Sorry mate, says he with the zits and badly tied tie (and who said I was his mate???) I can't sell you it for that. You'll need your log book etc etc....

Change of tack! Ok, what if I said its for my house name plate?

Ok says he, you could've had it for that. But I know it's for your number plate and can't sell you it....

Honestly! You couldn't make it up!!! :wacko:

Guest Cantbearsed

What about a standard plastic one on the bottom edge of the nose cone, just protruding up into the grille hole. If you ask them nicely at Halfords they'll give you an extra plastic plate (clear) to add on top to strengthen it up. B) B) B)