2b Sliding Pillar Conversion To Wishbones

Guest Ian Maycock

Guest Ian Maycock

I have a 2B sliding pillar and have been running it for just over 12 months now (bought a finished project) Has anybody out there done this conversion from scratch? I am looking for some drawings and geometary in order to fabricate my own. Does anyboby know if there any available, if so where?

Thanks

Guest Ian Maycock
robin hood do a kit with insuctions for £520

Thanks, i had already investigated this and felt it was a little pricy. only have a limited buget and other mods i want to make such as replacing the boring seirra gauges so was looking to do it myself.

yes i thought it was pricey i ended up buying a new chassis got offered one cheap

i still have a two chassis fully striped down one slidding piller one with a wishbone front end you are wellcome to come and take any mersurmant off the both of them cheers ian

Guest Techmage
I have a 2B sliding pillar and have been running it for just over 12 months now (bought a finished project) Has anybody out there done this conversion from scratch? I am looking for some drawings and geometary in order to fabricate my own. Does anyboby know if there any available, if so where?

Thanks

Knock-on's doing one, some comments here

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=23531

I had a look at what he's doing at the W/E seems to be a different approach to GBSC but appears just a effective.

PM him nice guy and more than helpful.

Guest Ian Maycock
yes i thought it was pricey i ended up buying a new chassis got offered one cheap

i still have a two chassis fully striped down one slidding piller one with a wishbone front end you are wellcome to come and take any mersurmant off the both of them cheers ian

Thanks for the offer however, surrey is a little bit far to go from all the way up here in the chilly and wet north west

Knock-on's doing one, some comments here

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=23531

I had a look at what he's doing at the W/E seems to be a different approach to GBSC but appears just a effective.

PM him nice guy and more than helpful.

Glad you enjoyed the Dunsfold visit. I wasn't feeling at all well that day. Must have been a touch of swine flu ;)

For the record, we have nearly finalised the design for the 2b sliding pillar conversion and are hoping to be providing a completed kit including brackets wishbones, bolts, bushes, dampers and springs along with some nice and straightforward destructions in the near future. Price will be between £400-£500

Hi,

Keep us posted on the upgrade package as I might be very interested. Have got it ear marked/ on the things to do list for the coming dark evenings. Just got to convince the other half its a worth while investment (fed up with rattling my fillings out with the sliding pillar set up)! ;)