Gbs/bogg Manifold Prices

Guest smegheadsteve

Guest smegheadsteve

Hi chaps,

Anyone know if GBS or Bogg bros sell their bike carb manifolds on there own(ie,just manifold,no carbs)?

If so how much and is the GBS one any good?(I know the bogg bros one will be good!)

I am considering getting rid of my current set up(respaced carbs on KNN manifold)

The KNN manifold is excellent by the way,just can't be bothered respacing the new zx6r carbs i've bought!

Or should I just respace new carbs?

Any opinions much appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve.

its not a hard job to respace the zx6 carbs, just need threaded rod, flat bar and some aluminium tube from B&Q, various little nuts and bolts and some araldite rapid for the fuel pipes if you dont have access to a lathe.

any questions give me a call

I sent my zx6r carbs up to bogg brother it came in at about £300 i think, that was to have them cleaned, jetted to suit engine,5mm tapped hole on each leg for megajolt map pressure,fuel resistant rubbers and clips and centre water take off inc return del i only paid £!.54 for carbs off ebay.

Ian

post-818-1254941583_thumb.jpg

Guest graham.g

Bogg brothers do the manifold separately, think they are about £180.

Used them a couple of years ago, but the turn round time was shocking, even after a few phone calls.

May have improved now, the quality is first class though.

Graham

Guest tommy holly
got my manifold from gbs £100 quid on its own, good results at the end to

Dan

got my manifold from bogg bros for a 2lt pinto with zx6r carbs with the Post and packing and VAT £210

ps They do a fantasic job worth waiting for, I just seen your from the wirral,mine was set up by ab tuning in sandycroft 01244537701 give them the carbs before hand and they will jet them, you fit them, and they will set it up on the rolling road. they charge me £50 for the lot

Guest smegheadsteve

Thanks for the replys chaps.

I went to AB garage earlier in the year,they set up my carbs and megajolt map.Very impressed.Was there all morning,lots of cuppas.£80.

Sounds like I should be able to raise enough cash by selling my carbs and manifold to buy a GBS or Bogg one.

Not sure what to do yet!!

Guest Larson250
Thanks for the replys chaps.

I went to AB garage earlier in the year,they set up my carbs and megajolt map.Very impressed.Was there all morning,lots of cuppas.£80.

Sounds like I should be able to raise enough cash by selling my carbs and manifold to buy a GBS or Bogg one.

Not sure what to do yet!!

can I ask what size jets they put in?

Dean

Guest smegheadsteve
can I ask what size jets they put in?

Dean

Think they were 1.9,which is unheard of really,it's pretty big.But thats what he had to use to get the most out of the carbs.

He did a lot of tweeking,had the needle jets out on the lathe a few times altering the taper of them.He knew what he was doing.

The car runs great,so I am not going to argue with him about jet sizes!

Steve.

If you already have a manifold that is working well why do you want to change it for another? By the sounds of it it will cost you £100 extra for what you already have, when all you have to do is re-space the carbs. or am i missing something...

Guest smegheadsteve
If you already have a manifold that is working well why do you want to change it for another? By the sounds of it it will cost you £100 extra for what you already have, when all you have to do is re-space the carbs. or am i missing something...

You are probably right,I just think it looks easier to buy a new manifold rather than respace carbs.

Just being lazy,don't know why,I've got all winter to do it!

Respacing it is then.

Steve.