Virus Alerts

Mat-Moo

PLEASE PLEASE make sure you are runnning anti-virus software and also have it fully uptodate. The last few days (I was away) I have received about 40 emails a day with viruses attached... so check your PC NOW! If you do not have anti-virus, then please buy one, or visit http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Guest mickmellors

I am getting bombarded with them too and although I have virus killing software, I have had 3 worms get through and caused me all manner of problems which I have had to get help with from a mate.

The main source is from e-mails appearing as though they are from the club with very small attachments of just 2 or 3 kb.

Another free to download anti-virus software called AVG is available from www.grisoft.com and you can set parameters to check incoming e-mails and automatic connection tothe web for self update at whatever interval you chose - mine is set for 9pm every 2 days.

There is still something wrong with my machine as it takes a bout 5 mins to fire up and the A drive keeps trying to read even thought there is no floppy in it.

Occasionally the computer switches itself off as well.

Its a pity the aparently clever people who send these viruses out havent got a Robin Hood to build and occupy their time.

We've just had a major session with ours, I'm getting them at the rate of about 12 a day, although Mut has at least 4 different anti-virus (Black ice, AGV, Norton & sumat else) a couple have got through, he just spent all last night cleaning the whole thing up.

It makes you wonder about the mentality of these people! :angry: :gdit: