M6 Toll

Guest bugsy

I have just got back from a week working in Coventry, as it was Friday I decided I would give the new M6 Toll a try, I have been very sceptical about it before now but I recon it must have saved me at least an hour back to Preston ( at mostly legal speeds) did it in 2 hours whereas it normally takes at least 3 to 3 ½ on a Friday afternoon, Bloody fantastic well worth the £5 for a van! I only saw a few cars the whole way.

Has anyone else used it yet, what do you think.

Guest brummy-ade

Bet that was nice for you working in coventry that is where I work there to bloody plce full of scallys I been on toll road too lot of money if you used road every day but when the gaffer pays its great

ade

The really really annoying thing about the M6 toll road is that it now dominates everything around it. I drive from Burton to Banbury regularly so the toll road isn't going the right way, but avoiding it means being very careful about which lane I put myself in. Following the old route and you'll end up on the toll road. I have to turn off the road I'm on 2 or 3 times just to stay on the road I want and avoiud the toll road. I think that "all roads leads to toll" is a cunning marketing ploy to get unsuspecting drivers to sample it!

Wasn't there a lane closure and huge tailbacks on it a few days back? Did they give refunds?

Ant

Wasn't there a lane closure and huge tailbacks on it a few days back? Did they give refunds?

Not sure, but i know what you mean about being carefull not to go onto the Toll, its not a case of turning onto a sliproad to get on the Toll, more a case of getting off the M6 to stay on the M6 if you get my meaning! :blink:

Not sure if this will prove to be true, but I heard recently the toll charges will be slashed soon due to lack of use.

I haven't used it yet, but anything that bypasses Birmingham has to be a good thing :p Having worked just off Junc 6, I'd happily pay a couple of quid never to have to drive there again! :gdit: )

Guest Battery Bill
Wasn't there a lane closure and huge tailbacks on it a few days back?

Yes I heard that, apparently it was because of standing water on the surface and the police made them cone it off :lol: :lol:

Sally traffic was on about it on Radio 2 :D :D

She was asking if they were issuing refunds but I don't know if they did. :rolleyes:

Guest Battery Bill

Ade

radio 2 whats that????????????

oh yeh my old man is into that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose you are a "Radio 1" man, all rap and more crap. :lol: :lol:

Or perhaps you are a "Brummy FM" listener :lol: :lol: Thats even worse sponsored by Coldseal windows and the local corner shop :lol: :lol:

Go on then whats your preference :wub:

There are too many people out there that knock radio 2 but then they probably havn't listened to it for a reasonable period. They cater for most tasts in music, news, discussion etc.

If it's crap then how come they have the highest listenership in the country for the past four or five years and radio 1 is loosing listeners, half a million down on Friday!

Long live radio2 and us old fogies.

Pete :p :p

because its played to a captive audiance ie every hospital bed in the country

Whaaat, I listen to Radio 2 for most of the day, either in my (white) van or on the site where i am working, local radio is full of the most irritating commercials and worst DJ’s, Radio 1 is Even worse, how these people get away with calling themselves DJ’s I have no idea!! :gdit:

Radio 2 is Great, :D

Must go now and find my pipe and slippers!! :D :lol:

The Toll road might be good for the M6 "saves 20 mins" but I use the M42 but with the merger into the M42 at Junc 9 this has added 20mins onto M42 travel time.

I think we need a M42 releif road!!!!

Paul