Pinto To Zetec

Knock-on

Guest Alan_builder

Hi All,

one question not posed or an answer forth coming.

2B/4

The head width and brake servo or rather the rear engine bay chassis rail, do they miss or hit?

Will the inlet manifold and carbs or throttle bodies pass a normal pedal box without servo?

Will the water rail back end miss the rear engine bay chassis rail.

All contributions gratefully read.

I :wub: my :rhsc:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan, the vauxhall conversion we just did was into a 2B/04, very tight on the back rail in the engine bay, pedal box needs modding and the servo has to go, plus the M/C has to be resited more out board, and easier option would be the zero pedal box that moves the M/C into the cockpit.

One other complication is the anti roll bar, which interfered with the vx sump, may do the same with a zetec

Hi Alan

Good to hear from you :) Will have to meet up soon.

Was speaking with Richard who suggested the RH Zero pedal box for the servo issue. Apparently the original is too bulky.

We are fabricating a water rail to get past the housing problem which should be on sale by April. However, I am unsure if this will allow the engine to sit quite far enough back to use the standard prop.

My current thinking is to keep the standard prop and cut and brace the Chassis rail to ensure rigidity.

Pop up to Dunsfold if you want a look.

Guest Alan_builder
Made a "water rail" & thermostat housing from copper tube & copper plate; filled & pressure tested O.K. but not on the road yet ( too tight to buy something I can make)

OOh :mellow: do you have any pics? :D

Like most people I guess I would like to see the problem, the bit the plastic thermometer housing fixes on to, the plastic bit from a working point, I have seen it when mounted to an engine. Finally to see your master piece from all angles. :rolleyes:

Thans

Alan

Guest Alan_builder
Alan, the vauxhall conversion we just did was into a 2B/04, very tight on the back rail in the engine bay, pedal box needs modding and the servo has to go, plus the M/C has to be resited more out board, and easier option would be the zero pedal box that moves the M/C into the cockpit.

One other complication is the anti roll bar, which interfered with the vx sump, may do the same with a zetec

Do you have any pickies?

I think the Zetec fitting the type 9 gearbox may also have less problems in this respect as well?

Thanks

Alan

sorry no pics, the anti roll bar is fine with the pinto sump, but the vx must be taller, and so has to sit lower, the front of the sump is only about two inches deep but we still had to do a remodelling job and shape it round the anti roll bar.

Don't know how tall the zetec is, or how deep the sump or whether it would be an issue with a zetec at all, there are issues with fitting both, both will give good power, but the vx has the edge, a newish zetec on TB's and emerald ECU will give 175bhp after a lot of mapping whereas worn vauxhalls are still giving 170-175 on carbs with very little messing about.

Only problem is they are all 20 years old now and good ones are getting very hard to find.

Guest mower man

Only one thing to do with the a/roll bar [ if it's the sierra one take it off ! ] and fit tie bars sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick but I've got this thing about orig a/roll bars regards mower man :sorry: :crazy: :good:

Do you have any pickies?

I think the Zetec fitting the type 9 gearbox may also have less problems in this respect as well?

Thanks

Alan

Looks more like a steam engine,but cost was next to nothing (keeping the bling for the outside of the car)

I'm trying to get a full understanding of the difference between the 2.0 Silver and Black Top. The one I have is off a 93 car.

Anyone help?

So far I have that it's a Zeta (Zetec) not a Zetec-E or Zetec-R.

If so, I think it has mechanical liftes and not hydraulic ones?

Also, what about valves and length.

I think the 2.0 was around 130 BHP but there may have been a 115 version. Does anyone know how to tell?

Guest Alan_builder

Looks more like a steam engine,but cost was next to nothing (keeping the bling for the outside of the car)

Nout wrong with steam engines, plenty of talk just a bit much for a type 9 GB.

When my central heating breaks I will know where to come.

Thanks. It is very interesting to see your take on problem solving. I had not thought of going (pipe direction) that way.

Alan

Guest Alan_builder
Questions on the above post answered on the Engine forum

I will have a look on the engine forum first.

Yes I would like to see things, is the zetec in yet?