Lift The Dot Fastener

harvs

Hi

I'm going to brave putting on the hood soon :D

I see that a few hoodies are recommending the lift the dot fasteners over the press stud ones supplied.

I'm done quite a bit of searching and the cheapest I can find are from Wollies....

Socket & backplate £4.78 for 10

Self tapping screw £4.70 for 10

Think I'll need 24, so with postage it'll be over £30 :o

Does anyone know of a lower cost supplier? :D

Cheers

Harvs

Guest mower man

Hi can't quote prices but try CAR BUILDER SOLUTIONS fantastic service good range ,I ordered some stuff Sun afternoon recieved same Tues morn [ordered on line] hope this helps mower man :yahoo: :good: :search:

I can recommend Woolies.

You only really need the Lift-The-Dots for the front where they fix to the windscreen though.

The std press studs will be OK for all round the rest of the hood, but I did use a couple of the turnbuckle type by the back of the door each side.

Thanks Guys. Still can't find anywhere cheaper - so *expensive* must be the going rate for them!

Think I'll go with Grizzly's method of just using them at the front - good idea!

I spent most of last night de-rusting the 2 hood frames - 6 years of surface rust on them! Think I'll spend tonight taking the seats out so I can get the drill in position for the hood bracket holes. It feels like a lot of effort so far, and I haven't even got to the tricky bits yet......!

Cheers

Harvs

Had a rake through some papers and found a leaflet for Dave Davie s- he might be the bloke we got them from - worth a phone call 01903 772275

Other thing to try before parting with 50 notes is to check out on line ship chandler supplies or canal boat suppliers as they are covered in the things

hth

Mike

Guest qwerty_100
Had a rake through some papers and found a leaflet for Dave Davie s- he might be the bloke we got them from - worth a phone call 01903 772275

Other thing to try before parting with 50 notes is to check out on line ship chandler supplies or canal boat suppliers as they are covered in the things

hth

Mike

Hi Harves I always use a company called BoyRiven Textiles LTD they are bassed in Hampshire but it is the same old story the less you buy the more the price per item they have been suppling the car/marine industry for over 30 years. if you can get a few people together it, s well worth a go hope this helps. Regards Kev ( by the way I only know this company as I am an ex coach trimmer for rolls royce back in good old 80,s)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prikkers

There new fastners on the market in holland I like very much: Q-snaps.

Since we ( me and my wive ) are boat-canopybuilders we never had better ones....

See the website: http://www.q-snap.com/ for more info.

Regards,

Pierre

PS; Lift the dots costs 2,75 euro per set in holland.