Etb Gauges

Guest The Modfather

Guest The Modfather

Does anybody use ETB gauges? I'm getting new clocks for xmas, and was looking at the yellow faced ones. ETB are doing the 7 set for £200 with senders and fuel float and sender.

Just after some opinions before the missus spends her dosh :D

Regards

Darren

GBS have been offering ETB gauges as an option for a while now, so quite a few zero owners have them. I too have fitted them to my 2B this year, got the 5 gauge set direct from ETB for £200 with the mechanical speedo, its a bit of a fiddle doing the calc for calibration, but no big worry. Gauges arrived in less than a fortnight and took 2 days to rebuild the dash completely. Quality seems to be spot on too.

There may even be an article on it in the next mag.

Guest scrabster

hi,ive gost the yellow etb gauges and they work well for me, £200 is half what i paid,are you going for electronic ones? as for calibrating the speedo just ring etb with wheel size and diff ratio and they tell you the exact number to program in.you have to cut down the arm on the fuel sender and join it back together with an electric connector,the one with the 2 screws in it. its not that accurate but i put a gallon of petr ol in then put a mark on the face of the gauge so i know when to fill up,because with half a tank reads full,you just get used to it.hth.

jess.

Guest The Modfather
hi,ive gost the yellow etb gauges and they work well for me, £200 is half what i paid,are you going for electronic ones? as for calibrating the speedo just ring etb with wheel size and diff ratio and they tell you the exact number to program in.you have to cut down the arm on the fuel sender and join it back together with an electric connector,the one with the 2 screws in it. its not that accurate but i put a gallon of petr ol in then put a mark on the face of the gauge so i know when to fill up,because with half a tank reads full,you just get used to it.hth.

jess.

I think i'm getting the mechanical speedo and the electronic tacho. The electronic speedo is £100 more i think? They look cool, and I have a yellow car so the gauges will really go well.

Thanks, but if they are any more users, good or bad, please voice your opinions.

Thanks again

Darren

Guest mower man

Hi I've had ETB clocks for a while ,cannot fault them except fuel sender is a pain in la derriere ,nearly there after many attempts but always carry 5 ltrs in case!regards mower man :good: :crazy:

Guest peter2b2002

I use them , only I have white gauges but with coloured bulbs, for the speedo I used a hall effect transducer on the end of the speedo cable, ETB were very help full on the phone when I got mine

peter2b

Hi I've had ETB clocks for a while ,cannot fault them except fuel sender is a pain in la derriere ,nearly there after many attempts but always carry 5 ltrs in case!regards mower man :good: :crazy:

LOL, my fuel gauge can't be trusted completely either :D

We've got the analogue black face set.

Guest Ian Maycock

I was going ask Santa for the same. Very timely posting. they are to go with my new carbon fibre dash recently acquired from Carbon Mods. The guys their couldn't have been more helpful. The first piece they sent was faulty so they sent me a replacement piece FOC :rolleyes:

Guest scrabster
Hi All,

Are these problems with the fuel gauge due to the ETB supplied sender, or the 'standard' RH/GBS ex Ford Sierra(?) sender?

Thanks

Al

hi,the problem with mine was the length of rod i had to chop of,i think the more it is cut the more sensitive it is.when i put 12v to it to test it there was a lot of travel between empty and full but halfway raised showed full on the gauge.hope that makes sense,anyway i just carry 5l of fuel with me now.and i know i can get 120 miles to a tank when the petrol wont go in any more.hth.

jess.