Cooling System

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

hey all, ive been doing the cooling system over the xmas and ive hit a bit of a problem, with the pipe that goes from the thermostat housing to the top of the rad, it runs far too close to the exhast manifold, to get round it ive done this but im not sure if it will work? as in having vertical pipework stright after the thermostat, will the pump be able to push it up? have a look and let me know :

a20de43e.jpg

7c3cd411.jpg

40093527.jpg

oh and by the way, i managed to get my thermostat housing problem sorted. i called up emerald and they sold an adaptor for the temperature sensor, then i drilled out the top of the thermostat housing to 15mm, then tapped it to 3/8 NPT and screwd in the adaptor and then the sensor into the adaptor....you can see it in one of the pics there, worked a treat!

Looks like an air-lock waiting to happen to me. Would it be possible to get it to run under the exhaust? Failing that could you shorten the vertical to get the top pipe somewhere close to horizontal and if it's too close to the exhaust make a heat-shield. You might still need a bleed screw or similar in the hose with it's being so high in relation to the water jacket of the engine.

Iain

Guest boggybogstar

I agree with Iain, a potential airlock waiting to happen, i took mine out to the side of the chassis with a right angle rubber hose and then along the outer rail (the one your body panel is attached to) and under the manifold to the rad.

I dont think your bonnet will like where you've put it!

Just use the 90 degree bit youve put on and a straight bit to extend it to the chassis.

Therm sensor look neat!

Guest mcramsay

yeah i think i had a bit of a mad moment in the garage....i was out there all day and it was 1degrees! yeah under the manifold will be best, i will be wrapping the manifold with that tape stuff so that should help aswell. nearly time for the first start!