Tvh January Monthly Meeting

chris n

Hi All,

I had planned to move the TVH monthly meeting to the second Sunday of the month so that we are not in the dark of a Wednesday night starting with the January meeting on Sunday 10th.

Due to the bad weather and the forecast of more heavy snow this coming Sunday in our area

BBC weather for SL6

I'm going to put the meeting back a week and see how the weather is for Sunday 17th January in hoping that things will improve, I will check again this time next week and will post again with the details if all is ok.

Hope you all agree with this.

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I was sitting indoors --still 1 ft of snow and -7 deg. wondering if it was that wednesday! I wasn't going to go if it was anyway--- odd for me I know..getting to the main road is a problem.

Still, it would have had to be a tin top , The Phoenix still has its old engine in, but no bonnet , tunnel cover or nosecone.

I hope the weather improves ---why do the guys up north seem to be inconvenienced ,. but down south everything stops?

Even the A4 is still compressed snow, not overly salted or gritted.

See you soon.

Graham B

Hi Graham,

You can imagine what the lane to the pub will be like :o

Fancy building a Hoodie bobsleigh to get back down the hill? :lol: :crazy:

Have you not done that little job on the Phoenix then? :D whats taking you so long!! ;)

I hope the weather improves soon to or at this rate we end up having three meetings in March :shok: :rolleyes:

See you soon

Chris

My old bonnet would be something to slide on !!

It all a matter of logistics. I need to get the Hood outside to drop the coolant. The Astra is in the way and so is the snow.

Maybe next week ... says a man with all the time he likes on his hands.

Graham B

Guest The Modfather

Graham, shovel the snow out the way, reverse the Astra, push Phoenix out, drop coolant, push it back in, move Astra forward, shovel snow back onto driveway, lift engine out, shovel snow back off driveway, reverse Astra, push Phoenix out, drop old engine in front garden, push phoenix back in, drive Astra forward, shovel snow back onto driveway, drop new engine in, job done! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

HTH

Darren

O.K. O.K.

I got my winter wollies on and shovelled the snow, cleaned off and moved the Astras and rolled out the Phoenix.

Rather glad I did as it had frozen up, even in the garage. No antifreeze !!, my permanant water leak had caught up with me. --Just ice crystals not solid, so as I dismantled the rad and pipework I just flushed the pipes through.

result :- engine is out . (on the garage floor.)

I need to do some more manuevering to get it out and parked out of the way. I will keep it as a whole unit, for now --Just in case.

Now to play fit the Nissan.

Graham B,

With our second bout of snow in two weeks and this weekends weather forecasting high winds and heavy rain, I think its best (and safest) to cancel the January meeting and regroup again in february, hopefully the weather may be a bit better by then.

Regards

Chris