Spark

Guest ben

Ive got a 6 plug motorcraft amplifier, coil and distributor. They all work but for some reason i can not get the coil to spark (when next to spark plug). I was wondering if i have wired it up wrong. I think that 2 wires go to the dizzy 1 to the neutral(body of car) 1 to the starter motor and then the other 2 to the coil. i also have the vicki green wiring loom and this says that the white and white and black go to the the coil with the 2 wires off the amp. Once this is done the vicki green wires go to the ignition. i have tried this way and a few others and I am not 100% sure that this is correct. Have i missed something out as i am getting frustrated now. Thanks

Heres how they go into a sierra loom. The only bit you need from Vicki is an ignition live supply to the coil pos and a return to the rev counter from the coil neg.

The black/green can go to the solenoid switching terminal or position three on the ign switch. You could leave off the coil neg to rev counter while you are sorting the circuit and even take a flying lead direct from batt pos to coil pos to ensure a supply. (dont leave connected when you finish playing) I suspect you are either supplying no current to the coil or 12v to both sides of the coil.

Nigel

Guest John M.

I had exactly the same problem and used this diagram that Longboarder has posted to sort out the connectings in the engine bay. But there was a second problem in that the wiring colours on the VG chart were not the same as the ones coming off my ignition switch - so I had to just work out those to get it to work and the wonderful sound was heard.