2b Chassis Number

Guest jimmylegs

Guest jimmylegs

Hi guys, I'm just coming to the end of my build and almost ready for the SVA, but not to sure about what to do about stamping the chassis, how do i come up with a number and how do i attach it?.... Jim

Hi guys, I'm just coming to the end of my build and almost ready for the SVA, but not to sure about what to do about stamping the chassis, how do i come up with a number and how do i attach it?.... Jim

Hi, i'm merely repeating what i've been told, but as far as i'm aware, the best way is to use the invoice number from GBS for your kit to start then make it up to 17 characters using numbers or letters of your choice.

You can have a riveted on plate, BUT, there has to be a stamped on copy of this number, or, if chassis tube deformation is a worry from stamping it's acceptable to stamp a steel plate and WELD this on.

If i'm wrong, i apologise, but someone will put us straight if i am.

HTH,

Nick

When i picked my Zero up Ian aked me what my chassis number is going to be, with a confused look on my face I said can I make one up?

He said as long as its 17 digits long and there is no chance of another the same,

I chose GBSZERO then my name and birth date.

Not sure about what nick says about the welded on plate though. so cant confirm that.

HTH

Guest youngsterS3

hi,

I made mine up alike the above. invoice number then random, from what I had read here and other sites.

However, after SVA, when I went to register at the DVLA in Wimbledon (May 09), it was suggested that making it up was not ok. Although what I had chosen happened to be ok.

To be safe, I would check with your DVLA office, who may be able to reserve you one / confirm yours is ok.

regards,

Chris

Guest Larson250

As above really only no o's and no i's allthough you can have 1's and 0's (noughts).

17 digits of numbers and letters, nothing rude mind you (as I was told in December)

Hope that helps,

Dean

Guest Larson250

Sorry forgot to add that the letters must be 7mm as per IVA regs. Mine had to be stamped in a single line on the offside of the chassis. No welded plates, I asked.

IVA'd at Birmingham Dec 09

Dean

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi, spoke to Ian at GBS and said you can make it up yourself. You need 17 digets, made mine up from RHSC2B then purchase date and invoice date. Thanks Neil.