Zero Kit. How Much In Total

Guest steve8274

Guest steve8274

hi

looking to purchase the zero very soon. i wish to purchase everything in one go so i dont need to keep going back to gbs and waiting for delivery.

anyone any ideas of total cost for this or if they do deals when purchase like this.

i have my donor car already. just cleaning them up at moment

thanks

steve

Guest gixerboy600
hi

looking to purchase the zero very soon. i wish to purchase everything in one go so i dont need to keep going back to gbs and waiting for delivery.

anyone any ideas of total cost for this or if they do deals when purchase like this.

i have my donor car already. just cleaning them up at moment

thanks

steve

Hi Steve,

They will do a bit of a deal if you pay up front when you order, suggest you speak to Richard with your exact requirements and perhaps he can help, otherwise order enough to get you well underway and then take the rest at a later date to save on storage space, you don't want your beloved panels / GRP getting kicked about in the garage at home because of too much clutter!

Cheers and good luck

John

hi

looking to purchase the zero very soon. i wish to purchase everything in one go

steve

The big question is WHAT DO YOU want?, HOW MUCH have you got to spend? How much you want a standard car or are there a few bits you want, to to make your own, like lights. gauges, wheels, engine, fuel system.

It's a bit like, how deep is a hole or how long is a piece of string.

I would think budget about £5500 for the most budget build to about £11500 for a very nice car, what you have to remember it is a Hood, IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT, not a meccano kit, what you buy is what you get (unless that is what you want and for that I would think if you threw ?????? on the table at GBS they would give you every thing you need) .

I wrote ??????? because you don't say what you want.

Steve

Guest steve8274

hi

i just want the basics which will get me through IVA. i can add extras after

having looked at their website, it looks like £4500 would be enough but not sure if i have missed anything off.

i just wanted to know what other people had spent without add ons

thanks

steve

Guest dinger
hi

i just want the basics which will get me through IVA. i can add extras after

having looked at their website, it looks like £4500 would be enough but not sure if i have missed anything off.

i just wanted to know what other people had spent without add ons

thanks

steve

Hi Steve,

As I'm in the middle of a Zero build I shall try and give you a bit of an idea of the costs,

I bought the basic kit which consist of chassis,wishbones,panels and bolts, I also upgrded to the suspension pack and fuel tank, This was just shy of £3k, If you are running all of the running gear from the donor including the engine I would budget for around £1500 on top for seats,belts,braking system and so on, I have a good range of tools being a mechanic but there was still alot of tools I didnt have like an air riveter( you really dont want to be putting 1000+ rivets in by hand and the price you will pay for a small compressor and air riveter is well worth it)

There are a few parts that you will have to get made up and will add to the cost also, manifold,engine mounts,etc.

If you are debating the setec engine then budget for a hell of a lot more, It can be done on a shoestring but you have to be very lucky with ebay.

I see you say a budget of £4.5, is this based on the GBS Zetec kit?

Hope that helps

Dave

Edited to say that I have been lucky with ebay purchaces and am looking at roughly £7500 to build a very minimulistic Zetec Zero. I think Nick(shaft) may be able to confirm some costs

Hi Steve,

Like Dave above, i'm also into a Zero build. Plenty of pics up if you want to have a nose at the parts coming together.

The price you mention of £4500 won't build you a Zero mate. Sorry to seem negative but it would be unfair to you to say otherwise.

I'm currently at about £5500 invested in mine so far, and i haven't even looked at the engine yet.

You will also be getting on for another £800 -£900 after you've finished it to get it on the road with IVA, registration, Tax, Insurance.

Even if you purchase the Plus kit (as i did) you'll still need loads more stuff to get it on the road contrary to what the glossy brochures say.

They say this kit + Donor = car on the road. Possible......... yes, but you'd be very dissapointed with what you ended up with asthetically.

I reckon i'll be touching an investment of @ £8k when it's done and on the road. :shok:

Chin up my old, this isn't meant to dis-hearten you at all. :good:

Nick.

Guest scrabster

hi,my zero cost me 7k to build,thats with sva and registration and insurance.but i did go for bike carbs,bestek ignition,piper cam kit,different lights,etb instruments,the list goes on and am still spending now,had to type that bit quick while her indoors has gone to put the kettle on :D hope this has given you some sort of clue,i thought it would cost me around 6k but temptation got the better of me.good luck with your build.

jess.